[S]Explosive Arrow Marauder by Slaydemkidz (lvl 96 HC) - For EXPERIENCED Players! (1.2.0)!

That may be the case for you, but I am just talking about other ways to play EA Marauder that I have seen. If he is not in Nemesis he can afford to get the damage nodes since it will make killing things much easier and the penalty for death would not be nearly as high.
Why do you take IR when you have no evasion gear? seems like a wasted point to me.
Always mapping, always someone with grace, thus IR
"
You dont need the ones near BM, projectile dmg is also not needed.

The DoT nodes near IR are very good (also includes 1% life regen).

Projectile dmg and fire dmg make your explosion stronger which will only result in reflect problems..
Honestly you don't need those to do good dps...

I clear 72-74 maps solo so super easy i don't even need to 5 stack packs.

In SC or DM dmg nodes might be a viable option. Btw dmg isn't really that good, even with 6links, all quality gems, fire dmg from gear, tree. Solo is fine but in a group it feels like u do the lowest dps of all people (not including mfer). I guess this build only good as a starting build on hardcore leagues when u don't have money and don't need a lot of dmg but it's still questionable. I am a bit disapointed.

As to reflect mobs, just watch what u kill, it's not that hard to notice reflect aura and killing that mob without much stacks of arrows. In reflect maps we can just put off conc effect and fire all mobs with 1-2stacks.
So i had a bit of free time and modified his build (@lvl 94, ik its too high to plan for but i did it because slaydemkidz build also is 94). Lets get straight to the comparism.

My build:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYYz38UFB8uIzPKS72SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3UjxkuJ-3z3ayqcql82fcy-OtBqhRx37-nMAHnFCA26J_LUEdYr3gNvoqpbgHctfLi6qQZbqo1kmEhG_pKyP6PrFmE7yXfTeOI8XTthNmmV-djeu9lTW5pOuH-CmBLR36-p_JFtz4FLavF0k1Bh8AP-ejV7YLHapMo-rZBmK3r7k4quJNbrymlpwjdDRjbna6PRvzFGmwSadDQVvpnoBmFFxzPZe4Oh3YkqnF5VcYj9u96Sn026e_w037jalpIfXX-uhLhrUpSr80m

My build: +253 flat life - +324% max life - ~560 life/sec (assumed 800 life from gear) - unwavering stance - +154 DEX - +114 INT - +20% attack speed - +1 endurance charge

His build: +283 flat life - +286% max life - ~520 life/sec (assumed 800 life from gear) - no US - +104 DEX - +144 INT - +33% attack speed - +2 endurance charges

Furthermore these are the armor+evasion+armor/evasion multipliers:

My build: +95% armor - +64% eva/armor - +31% eva

His build: +139% armor - +40% eva/armor - +21% eva

I dont know if evasion or armor is more important considering iron reflexes and your gear. But overall my build has 10% less (190% to 200%).

The missing INT can be gained by speccing 1 point into a +30INT node if needed.

Also i dont know if US will be necessary but if not i can edit the build to gain a bit life and life/sec and ~9% evasion from way more DEX nodes (with the same amount of points).

You see my build is also pretty flexible and i would like to hear another opinion about my version (preferably of someone who plays OPs build).

Edit: Concerning the discussion of taking more damage nodes in SC. I could spec out of life nodes to put those points into fire damage/projectile damage nodes and i would still have the same life as OP.
Last edited by CptQaoz on Dec 20, 2013, 9:13:21 AM
I do like your build too, but here are a few key differences missing between the two builds.

Templar tree:
Loss of the increased AOE node and the aura node. IMO the aura node loss is pretty huge since 3% is a lot in parties.

Ranger tree:
I'm not sure why you spec so far into it past IR. The degen is obviously amazing but you spend 9 points getting 28% life, some attack speed, stun recovery, and 1% regen. Since you already grab Unwavering Stance I feel like you could either go 3 points for 21% attack speed (Berserk Node), an d don't need the stun recovery (Unwavering Stance already). I don't know what to do for the 28% life loss, but I feel you could definitely put the 6 remaining points into a good skill.

Edit: Another thought, loss of endurance charge is pretty huge since they are one of the ones of negating huge hits/crits.
Last edited by HmmmYikes on Dec 20, 2013, 12:54:52 PM
I use IR because of my rings and as someone said earlier to convert Evasion from Grace from party members into armor.

I was kinda busy with mapping to lvl 97. Now that I did it \o/ I will reply more frequently again :>

For those players not playing a HC league or whatever, I did include a version of the tree (in the original post) I am running right now which has a lot more straight in-your-face-damage as I can risk to die to reflect which did not yet happen.
Last edited by Xantaria on Dec 20, 2013, 11:19:50 PM
Well, I ripped at 93 (rank 49) in nemesis. Really enjoyed this build so I want to thank Slaydemkidz for the guide :)
Last edited by Affinity on Jan 6, 2014, 4:16:21 AM
Maybe somebody can confirm me these calculations:

Initial hit:

Initial hit dmg = (1 stack x5) * (1+ % fire dmg + % area dmg + % projectile dmg + % elemental dmg)

OR

Initial hit dmg = (1 stack x5) * (1+ % fire dmg + % projectile dmg + % elemental dmg) * (1+ % area dmg)

Burning dmg:

Burning dmg = 80 % of initial hit * (1 + % Fire Dmg + % Burning Dmg + % Ele Dmg) * (1 + %DoT)

OR

Burning dmg = 80 % of initial hit * (1 + % Fire Dmg + % Burning Dmg + % Ele Dmg + % projectile dmg) * (1 + %DoT)

OR

Burning dmg = 80 % of initial hit * (1 + % Burning Dmg ) * (1 + %DoT)

??
Last edited by ILIAS on Jan 6, 2014, 5:39:40 PM
"
Well, I ripped at 93 (rank 49) in nemesis. Really enjoyed this build so I want to thank Slaydemkidz for the guide :)

RIP person I met in maps! :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info