Draft: Spectral Throw Block Marauder

Hi there,
I am currently planning a build for Spectral throw.

The general idea is very similar to the build of the week character that was shown in the first episode of season two, however i am taking blood magic instead of eldritch battery and concentrating more on the marauder/duelist area.
Also I am going for a decent crit rate instead of resolute technique because I want to freeze/burn.

I've got the rough draft of the build ready but i'd like some feedback.

I've decided to go Staff for two reasons:
Large weapon = many hits + decent Block chance to add to survivability

Yes I used up 120 points but 20-30 points I used are basically gimmicks and only make the build a little better (Acceleration, Armor and Steel, Marauder 2-handed area and [armor+life] nodes)

My Questions now are:

Do I have enough life and life regen?
I am more used to playing trappers and such so the life question was never something i bothered with.

What would you think is the ideal gem setup?
(Is the attack speed that I took in passive skills enough so that I can go without a faster attack support gem?)

Right now my planned gems are:

Spectral Throw - added fire damage - GMP - weapon elemental damage - Elemental Proliferation - (Life on Hit or Life Leech)
Also Life leech/life on hit on gear

Immortal Call - trigger on damage taken - reduced mana - molten shell
Enduring Cry - trigger on damage taken - reduced mana

Leap Slam - faster attack - reduced mana - Hatred/Purity/Termination/Vitality (not sure yet)

I'll need some kind of ice damage from rings or so, but that shouldn't be the problem.
The plan is to mass freeze/burn and knock enemies away from you, jumping around like a madman. I am not sure yet whether to pick life on hit or life leech.

Blood magic will not allow me to take more than maybe one aura. But the detour all the way the eldritch would have made this build pretty much useless.
So I have to choose between hatred, purity, vitality or determination, damage or survivability

Any ideas how and where to improve?
Last edited by ragbasti on Oct 25, 2013, 6:49:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info