Need help from Tech Savy POE community!

I have a Asus S46cm laptop with a integrated Radeon HD4000, and a dedicated Geforce 635m.

The problem: Playing any game, I'm stuck with the Radeon 4000.

What I tried to do : 1) Download Asus Drivers, 2) Download drivers from Nvidia, 3) Change the BIOS (locked somehow to 4000).

What I think might be the solution that sucks... : 1 Person had suggested that my driver is incompatible with windows 8 (I'm running windows 8.1 atm).

Help would be so appreciated because low graphics at 1920 is bland and lag kills me :(. here is my dxdiag:
Link http://postimg.org/image/twwpcm96j/
\]
Just to kind of throw out there, have you tried plugging in your laptop to a power source and switching the power options to "High Performance". Most laptops that have both integrated and dedicated video cards, will only switch to the dedicated if it has the power to consume and is set to performance instead of battery life in the power options.
"
Elynole wrote:
Just to kind of throw out there, have you tried plugging in your laptop to a power source and switching the power options to "High Performance". Most laptops that have both integrated and dedicated video cards, will only switch to the dedicated if it has the power to consume and is set to performance instead of battery life in the power options.
Yeah, did that and also used Gefore experience, Razer game booster. I went to power options and checked to make sure it was all on max performance. When I go to the Nvidia Control panel, I choose High Performance Geforce 635m. No matter what I do i get this. http://postimg.org/image/x3rnmcbs7/
\]
There might be an option in your BIOS settings to disable switchable graphics (it will always use your card while plugged in and the intel chip when it isn't). I had a similar issue and this fixed it.
Keyblades!
My bios is the biggest crap I've ever seen. It won't even allow me to go to GPU to change anything. It's currently on stock 2012 and I tried to update the Bios but there's no readme file so I don't even know how to easy flash it.
\]
Look in your bios if there is something called "easy flash", "flash ...", "update bios".
I know that ASUS has an internal flash programme you can start via the Bios (or UEFI for that matter).
If the file you downloaded is an .iso, burn it to a CD and boot from it.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
Look in your bios if there is something called "easy flash", "flash ...", "update bios".
I know that ASUS has an internal flash programme you can start via the Bios (or UEFI for that matter).
If the file you downloaded is an .iso, burn it to a CD and boot from it.

Asus has a built in program called Winkey which Lets you flash a BIOS off a flash drive. Unfortunatly in my BIOS I can't even choose my boot menu. (Can't choose to boot from optical or dvd) Now I'm concerned to how to do it because I end up with this. (picture to come in edit). I'm currently on 3.07 here's the bios patch notes. http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&s=435&m=S46CM&os=&hashedid=vxr7O9ZbnWI09JJm
\]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info