Mind Blown

I am (was) currently grinding away with my level 60p12 Barbarian in D3 until today. Normally I shy away from F2P games because of garbage like Drakensang Online where they charge for healing potions and identify scrolls. Ridiculous.

This game is a perfect example of how to do F2P. Not only that, but it faithfully captures the feeling if the original Diablo games. I sincerely wish this team the best, and cannot wait to see the finished product. So glad to be a contributor to this!
Welcome to Wraeclast exile! and queue up to join the rest of us in expressing our admiration for the GGG project! ;)
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
PoE is an amazing change of pace for f2p, isn't it?

Anyway, welcome aboard!! I think you'll find your experience here very pleasant. The game has so much to offer. Enjoy the wonderful, dark world of Wraeclast. =)
Welcome, enjoy the community,, have fun with various builds and the awesome skill tree :)
i always enjoy reading these posts
General Racing Guide for Act 1
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/366585
It is always nice to see people discovering PoE. I was also like that few months ago.
I am curious as to how you feel about Diablo 3 after playing Path of Exile. Let me know after you have played a good amount of content in POE and then went back and played more D3.
Standard Forever
"
iamstryker wrote:
I am curious as to how you feel about Diablo 3 after playing Path of Exile. Let me know after you have played a good amount of content in POE and then went back and played more D3.

I've done this. Played D3, POE, and TL2 all at end-game. Each has their pros and cons but overall I feel that POE has the longevity that most are seeking based on their experiences with D2
"
I am (was) currently grinding away with my level 60p12 Barbarian in D3 until today. Normally I shy away from F2P games because of garbage...

I know what you mean. I actually think being F2P hurts the brand. F2P for the most part has a perception of being either "junk" or of "I'll be extorted later once I become addicted".

For that reason, I've always felt this is a game that would be well worth a $5/month subscription (yes, I said it!!!). I guess that is why I also decided to pay the Gold Level. In my mind, I'm paying the $50 software price plus 20-40 months of server subscription time, but I also get some goodies (T-Shirt!!!!) and in game cosmetic spending.

I'm actually looking forward to spending my points on in game cosmetic/storage goodies.
League of Legends was the first game that changed quality of F2P games. I was playing it for 2 years and never payed a cent. Now it's the most popular game in the world with highest amount of active players. Much more than WoW, much more than anything.

Path of Exile is imo the second F2P game in history of gaming that will achieve the same status as LoL.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info