Corrupted blod rain and Dominus

"
D623932883 wrote:
I thought it was fairly obvious... When he does the blood rain thing he creates a big bubble, you have to stay inside the bubble or you'll receive damage. He won't necessarily be inside the bubble either.

Seriously, blood rain is the only thing that remotely reaks of difficulty for Dom.

Read above post and get to da bubble. or do you want GGG to just spawn uniques directly in your pack while youre in town next time ?
[quote="Mark_GGG"]we try not to be dicks.[/quote]
The very first time I didn't see the bubble either. I was rather far away from him when the rain started. The second time the rain started, I put my cursor on the debuff icon and saw the advice to get to safety. I noticed the bubble right before I died. After that I beat him though.
stand next to him and hit him with all u got and dondt move.. if he moves walk next to him and facetank him .. thats it
lol at all the ranged QQ srsly l2p melee to beat Dominus second form. Owate, then you'll be complaining that you can never get close enough to his first form without getting lightning bugs to the face.

Dominus is simply not to be soloed. During the phase that your build sucks at, just sit in town while the other members of your group handle him. Don't want to play groups? Don't run Dominus. He's a giant eff-you to solo players.
Last edited by Sayyid on Nov 9, 2013, 3:24:33 PM
"
SibaSt wrote:
I already died like 10 times to this, and I never saw any bubble...

As far as I can tell ( but I've only fought him twice so far) they made his second form intentionally slower and a bit more predictable in his attacks. When the rain comes, get close to him and attack or run around in the bubble and avoid his attacks, but to me, the second form definitely favours close combat high dps builds.
In second phase best place for rangers - on the border of bubble. He don't hit you with melee, and rain don't hurt you, so only thing you need to beat - bleeding. Just stop attack him for some time, when you get debuff and drink bottle.
He can be killed solo, but it's very op, after killing cruel dominus 1 and 2 act of merciless was like rabbit hunter.
Dominus's blood rain seem to be the easiest part, you just face tank him in melee. To me the most difficult part is when he is not doing the rain (aka no bubble) but he can STILL infect corrupt blood on you from his normal attack. If you don't have a anti bleed potion you are pretty much screwed, even my discharge level dps leech can not keep up with the degen from the bleed. Its either cure bleed or dead.
IGN Vermillionillusion
GMT-4, usually 8-12 pm
Hmn, it was pretty hard first couple of times, the bleed thing just kills me off. I had a very good armor, I sucked him into the narrow walkway, got close and tanked him solo. Spam the health pots and you might DPS him before you run out of health. Frenzy on my bow was a big help.
Dominus is a joke but his blood rain is a real deal, especially when he isn't on your screen and you don't know where he is.
I play this game while it's beta and he isn't exit so when I encounter with him in normal level, I kill him before he can use blood rain.

In cruel level, I underestimate him, after kill his first form I pick up my loots while wait for him transform and then he use blood rain. My zombie army and me die quickly even 3 heath potion at once isn't save me, this is my mistake I don't blame him but when I come back again BLOOD RAIN STILL EFFECT and I don't know where is he gone. I die 2 times front of a door and many time(maybe 10 or more) while try to find him while blood rain is non stop at all, until my last time that blood rain stop while I have 100 heath without any potion left, it doesn't matter, I hurry raise 8 zombies from corpse around and summon 11 skeletons with 2 specters(I don't even care what monster I raise), I rush to find him and you know what, he die with in 10 seconds from my dead army with 8 float ghosts.

What's I going to complain is Blood rain must be stop when no player in a map, especially on single player. It's noting player can do when they spawn from check point and came into a boss room to face up with blood rain and Dominus is nowhere, I even try to lay down wait until it stop before I respawn but it doesn't help at all.
Last edited by richter03 on Nov 26, 2014, 5:16:07 AM
Look at the date of the posts. Gratz you just ressed a thread.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/913599 <--- mirror Thread

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info