tpapp157 (mod) locked important thread.

After openly and willingly including this at the end of the thread.

''This issue has nothing to do with GGG and moderators catering to some imaginary minority of perpetual whiners and everything to do with a minority of people that knowingly choose to violate the handful of chat rules that are in place. We try to be very lenient in what we allow on the forums and in chat and it really pisses me off when people knowingly cross those boundaries anyway and then start some self-righteous bitching about censorship and free speech. I have no patience for that sort of thing.''

No thank you. I WILL hold myself responsible for what I say. And you may not group me up with ''inner 10 year olds'' as you put it. But this last bit here is especially concerning.

''some self-righteous bitching about censorship and free speech. I have no patience for that sort of thing.''

I expect an apology at the least but I won't hold my breath.
Last edited by WhiteBoy on Oct 27, 2012, 5:01:28 PM
An apology for... what, exactly?

You really didn't even explain in the slightest how you think he is wrong.
Ancient and unwise, SSF only since 2012
''An apology for... what, exactly ?''

I'm not trying to make upset but you really may want think about what you just asked me. And look at the thread called ''Seriously, a ban on the word "jew" '' so you will better understand. I should have included what thread I was talking about though. My mistake.
I was watching an interesting programme yesterday. It briefly mentioned an old bloke from history called Socrates. Dunno if you've heard of him, but anyway:

During the early Greek experiment with Democracy in BC, prior to the Roman invasion, Socrates speculated that complete democratic freedom was impossible.

You're being quite mean to put the Moderators in the situation they are currently in, it really is a no win situation.

You are correct philosophically, but in a practical sense politics doesn't run to the chorus of pure philosophy, it runs to the tune of popularism and current trend. In America the biggest current hot potato is race. You'd have to be blind to not see that (mentally, not physically).

Much as we all love to have an opinion on the subject, I don't think it's the job of an ARPG moderator to be the spearhead of any rebellion to this current state of affairs and it's unfair for you to imprison him with your distaste for a current American 'demand'.

I was going to suggest on that thread that they rename the Jeweller's Ord to a Blacksmith's Orb, but then realised I was unintentionally making an incredibly funny joke and would be entirely misunderstood, so it was kind of lucky for me that the thread was locked :)
I did talk to Chris (or Samantha?) once in game - back in 9.6 - when I faced this problem. Right now it is just bad game design and the only one to be blamed is GGG. I do not agree with Chris at all in the last statement: if people on the press have to watch their tongues to avoid lobby, so does GGG to avoid misconceptions.

As someone else said, it must be bought to light that (in english) nations/groups must be written with capital letters - "Jews" in the case.

As for the mod being tired of people bitching on free speech, well, if you can ask for people to watch their mouths, they can also talk freely. Deal with it.
Because life is short, you shall make rains of all sort - Amarena, the Iron Man
-
My IRON MAN witch build video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJOUcu0ioL4
-
Do you want your witch wearing PANTS? check
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/19769
Firstly, tpapp157 didn't lock the thread. Charan did.

Secondly, you seem to be misunderstanding the purpose of tpapp's statements. He wasn't directing them at you, but at the general audience and specifically those who fall into the categories he listed: those who cross the line and then complain about the punishment. He doesn't owe anyone an apology. Still, if you feel the need to discuss the matter with him, you're welcome to do so in private. Creating a thread about a locked thread won't get any positive results.

GGG recently told us, the moderators, that "jew" was no longer to be accepted as an abbreviation for Jeweler's Orbs because they have received numerous complaints about it as well as the jokes that tend to follow its use.

On a similar note from the previous thread, please consider this tidbit from the Terms of Use in regards to things account and character names may not do:
"
(b) contain foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature as may be determined by Grinding Gear Games in its sole discretion or otherwise be in contravention of any law or court order.
Please apply that when making future characters.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
Last edited by WhiteBoy on Oct 27, 2012, 5:13:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info