@GGG, About The Dominus Fight (no spoilers here. don't worry)

"
Pimbaxe wrote:
If you go solo RANGER.. Good luck watching something that isn't fun and just feels unbalanced.. Unless you're tanky.. Really.. Really tanky.. The last form its impossible.

Im having fun with this game.. But this is just nonsense.. Nothing against a good challenge.. But this? Im sorry.. It seems you're forcing people to play with other people.. Thing that myself and lot of people hate.. Not only that.. A range build? Forget it.. It's all about the insane damage.. Everything is ok, until the rain part.. And that's just unbalanced.

(And the golden area lots of the time its bugged.. That's just plain stupid)

I hate to say this.. Since i rarely say it.. And i've never said this on PoE.. But nerf the last form.. It won't harm the game challenge and it will actually make more people happy.. Make at least his last form only available on Cruel and Merciless.

I agree. I'm a level 42 Ranger and I'm not sure how many more times I'm going to try this fight before giving up and trying a different character. The first form is challenging but doable once you figure out the pattern but the blood rain in the second form saps all fun away. The worst is that if I leave a portal and try to get back in or even run back from the waypoint, if the blood rain is active, I have no chance to even get back into the fight. I think the blood rain should become immediately inactive upon player death/portaling out and you should have a bit of time when re-entering the area before it starts again.
I tried the Dominus fight yesterday without having a clue what it's all about on Normal Nemesis :D
Lvl 38 and going for it wearing 6 blue items :D just 1k hp, 2H infernal blow build with warlord mark. Had cap on lightning and 65+ on cold and fire dmg.
Got to his second form, and had to pass out since blood rain was killing me and had no idea how to mitigate it...
Cool fight though, and keep and doing it on hardcore keep your eyes wide open especially when you have no idea what to expect.

Was so happy when I killed the first form cause I thought it was the end... No it wasn't... :)
But coming up to the second form was scary shit, since I don't know how much hp can he take with one blow, and what kind of tricks he has in his pocket :)
I think I'll gear up a little bit before the second attempt :)
The first form felt almost impossible without dying with my lvl83 melee ranger, the second want was no match for it though ..... ( I have a small lack of lightning res, not much, but enough to get almost obliterated by the "lighting-ghosts-flow-attack", really really hard to dodge in melee range ).

I'll try it with a range next time, maybe it will be the other way arround.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Nov 4, 2013, 6:23:57 AM
"
Killbomb wrote:

I agree. I'm a level 42 Ranger and I'm not sure how many more times I'm going to try this fight before giving up and trying a different character. The first form is challenging but doable once you figure out the pattern but the blood rain in the second form saps all fun away. The worst is that if I leave a portal and try to get back in or even run back from the waypoint, if the blood rain is active, I have no chance to even get back into the fight. I think the blood rain should become immediately inactive upon player death/portaling out and you should have a bit of time when re-entering the area before it starts again.

Yes, I have the same problem as a 37 Witch where I'm half dead by the time I get to the safe zone from the stairs because as soon as I enter the area he immediately casts the Blood Rain. After some re-portals it got even worse because he was blocking the stairs but there isn't enough room for the safe zone to spawn on them so it spawns just beyond the top of them, but since his huge character model is on the stairs I couldn't get past him into the safe zone at all.

The blood rain thing needs some serious tweaking, not the least of which is giving it a cooldown at the start of the fight every time and every once in a while after that because otherwise it just murders squishy ranged builds.
As a melee, on cruel. 2400 Life. With granite flask 19843 armor. 78% light/fire/cold res, 39% chaos res.

Pre-boss uniques = cake walk
First form of dominus = far far too much dodging so the fight is very VERY slow when solo. When in a party, he rarely targets anyone frequently enough for him to last more than 30 seconds.
Second form of dominus = You basicly die if you are anything other than a melee with high armor. Dominus has staggeringly good accuracy and the bleeding rapes any evade/es character who isnt prepped with 2-3 remove bleeding flasks. If you are fighting this form solo, even with armor though, you will most likely die just from being overwhelmed from massive adds + rain + bleeding all at once.

Also lag/desynch still continues to be a problem in the fight.
And if you close your eyes, does it feel like your exalt almost hit this time~
"
Eternallight wrote:
As a melee, on cruel. 2400 Life. With granite flask 19843 armor. 78% light/fire/cold res, 39% chaos res.

First form of dominus = far far too much dodging so the fight is very VERY slow when solo. When in a party, he rarely targets anyone frequently enough for him to last more than 30 seconds.
Second form of dominus = You basicly die if you are anything other than a melee with high armor. Dominus has staggeringly good accuracy and the bleeding rapes any evade/es character who isnt prepped with 2-3 remove bleeding flasks. If you are fighting this form solo, even with armor though, you will most likely die just from being overwhelmed from massive adds + rain + bleeding all at once.

Try move dominus second form to top of stairs (near entrance) and fight at position lower him. At this place dominus block path for adds and they're stop aggroing you. This is reduce lag greatly. Not sure if ranged can pull it off because not much space for kiting here.
"
Eternallight wrote:

Hmm... this is the first time I actually felt this way when playing Path of Exile for nearly a year and a half.

In my experience, on my Wander Witch, I doubt it's possible to do it "the way it's supposed to be done", as in standing inside the safe zone waiting for the rain to stop and taking waves of adds plus Dominus himself in the face during that time. Or maybe I´m just doing it wrong and I should just not be in there, but out in the rain instead?

I have to say everything felt really doable, up until that point, since it feels like the game is suddenly telling me to have built massive life, life leech and armor.

Using portals to refresh your flasks now and then, fine, though you're going to feel miserable once your client suddenly pulls the "I'm going to crash now" card, after spending 20 minutes using portals.
Domination:
Lvl 58 Power Siphon Witch
Just lost my nemesis scion to him. Didn't read up on his abilities, thought I was losing health to puncture or something. stood still died, didn't work, tried to alt-F4 too late.
Impossible to kill.
"
Eternallight wrote:
Second form of dominus = You basicly die if you are anything other than a melee with high armor

I have 0 armor and I facetanked the second form like it was nothing ( melee ).
The first one was much more difficult for my char though.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info