@GGG, About The Dominus Fight (no spoilers here. don't worry)

"
danzha wrote:
I enjoyed the battle, was definitely cool to deal with all the minibosses before Dominus himself.

However as someone running a pretty average setup (I usually play with ~30fps in most areas) I actually could not finish the battle in the second phase - due to all the blood rain, lightning and what else have you (was ~8 fps).

Have been meaning to get around to upgrading my graphics card, but I just find it frustrating that there's no way to reduce visual quality any lower than medium for some settings.

I've played through a handful of characters in the past through merciless difficulty against Piety, and managed to learn to deal with having a crappy system by playing more carefully that most, however just sad that it seems that I can't possibly get closure (and start cruel on my Scion) sadface.

It's not about being able to put things under medium.. Not being able to turn of weather effects and such is a real FPS killer(like when you start the game for the first time on the beach)

So please GGG, implement the feature to be able to turn of weather effects.. It's needed
"
Koxk wrote:
"
danzha wrote:
I enjoyed the battle, was definitely cool to deal with all the minibosses before Dominus himself.

However as someone running a pretty average setup (I usually play with ~30fps in most areas) I actually could not finish the battle in the second phase - due to all the blood rain, lightning and what else have you (was ~8 fps).

Have been meaning to get around to upgrading my graphics card, but I just find it frustrating that there's no way to reduce visual quality any lower than medium for some settings.

I've played through a handful of characters in the past through merciless difficulty against Piety, and managed to learn to deal with having a crappy system by playing more carefully that most, however just sad that it seems that I can't possibly get closure (and start cruel on my Scion) sadface.

It's not about being able to put things under medium.. Not being able to turn of weather effects and such is a real FPS killer(like when you start the game for the first time on the beach)

So please GGG, implement the feature to be able to turn of weather effects.. It's needed

If you mean the rain in the boss fight and other stuff like smoke in Solaris Temple, I agree completely. But I guess this applies to a significant minority of the gaming populace, however I believe that it definitely helps increase the accessibility of the game greatly.
IGN: Gumaru / Gumario / FoonNotSpork / Shield_For_Pants / Shockingly_Expensive
So, let's make a quick recap of the whole Dominus fiasco.
1)Extremely heavy weather effects sending people's FPS down the crapper.
2)Swarms of adds further bumming down the FPS.
3)You can't even fight him 95% of the time because of the fucking memory leak crash that has happened before in multiple zones and apparently is unfixable before it actually occurs and ruins somebody's night.

Now, now, it's not a complete flame.The fight itself is good, very good actually.Too bad you can't actually get around to do it.
I wonder, with the asscrash, if i'll be stuck on cruel dominus the way i was stuck on cruel docks for FOUR goddamn days.
Last edited by machopi on Oct 26, 2013, 4:16:50 PM
Fortunately I had no game-related crash issues, but I died 10 times while combatting against dominus on cruel. Mostly because I had too low armor and no leech. I managed to beat him after I took granite flask from my stash...
"
danzha wrote:

This is my issue as well.

The fight is great, it's a lot of fun. Now having been into phase 2 against Dominus himself on Nemesis several times I can say that it's just plain unplayable. You have all sorts of graphical effects going off, rain going, adds spawning all over, all while you have to attack and kill a pretty tough boss. Also take into consideration that the ground is covered with bodies and loot.

For me it's the laggiest and toughest part of the game that I've had to deal with. I'm fine with it being tough, that's great, but the reason that it's tough right now is solely due to the lag that I have to deal with during the fight.
Grouping is carebear mode. Add a "/players x" command a la Diablo II.
The huge issue I was running into is the fight is so graphically buggy that I was dying to blood rain over and over because the safe AoE was not loading. Also the fight as a whole seems way too punishing to ranged builds, compare it to Vaal of where you can dodge the obvious attacks making ranged still viable. The last phase is forces you to facetank his massively damaging hits...honestly that seems really unfair when you guys boast about having tons of viable builds.
Yeah, the "safe-bubble" seems kinda buggy, or it could be just me.

I was doing him for the first time on Cruel while being pretty over-leveled (58).
Was building pretty tanky staff-templar with almost maxed resists, lots of HP and Armor. Took him down to 50% before the first rain-phase just by whacking away at him and taking almost no damage. I also had some Enduring Charges running.

Then the rain came and I continue to pummel him inside the bubble... All of the sudden my health starts dropping like crazy even with me spamming all my pots and I die soon after.

I'm not sure if the boss just got some huge damage boost or a chain of crits or something or if the bubble bugged and I took the rain damage even while being inside the bubble....

Oh well, onwards to a new character, R.I.P. Keppikeijo :P
is that blue cockroach beam whip thing he attacks you with lightning or chaos damage?
The first part was fine.

Spoiler
I enjoyed having to deal with the mini bosses, and Dominus himself wasn't very deadly.

The second part though

Spoiler
I died a couple times before I was able to read what the debuff does.(you should indicate what it does somehow) I switched out one of my flasks for a "removes bleeding" because the bubble shield sometimes didn't appear.(is that intended or is it a bug?) But other than that it was fine.

Until I actually killed him where the game froze for a good ten seconds, and then crashed to log-in screen. He dropped a unique item and I managed to spam printscreen, and because of that I lost were it showed the final frame before it crashed to log-in screen. I then tried multiple times to go back, however whenever I took the stairs to the roof PoE crashed to log-in screen again. When I was about to give up I tried closing the window and reopening it, where it was very laggy but It let me grab my Foxshade(sigh), and...

Spoiler
talk to Lady Dialla to finish the quest

I do think he should be a little easier, considering you have to fight him to get to the next difficulty. As well as look into this performance issue.
"
is that blue cockroach beam whip thing he attacks you with lightning or chaos damage?

I would think lightning because of how stupid it would be to have the final boss do pure chaos damage considering how common CI is.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info