@GGG, About The Dominus Fight (no spoilers here. don't worry)

1) IT'S EPIC!

2) IT'S FUCKING EPIC!

3) it's insane. the guy absolutely destroyed my level 38 Goddess Bound Ranger 5 or 6 times before I took him down. she's a good build with 1k HP on Normal, and some very good gear.
she was good enough to obliterate Piety in less than a minute, and take out Kole in seconds.
I have no idea how am I supposed to actually beat this guy on Normal Hardcore, and especially Cruel and Merciless.
please guys, consider toning him down just a bit to make him beatable without dying, and do the same for his minions.

4) you have a massive memory leak in there. especially in the fight itself.
my Client crashed 4 times trying to load the final part (one of them with "gc -2" enabled), 2 more times when changing phases, and one more time after beating him - so I essentially couldn't complete the quest.
please look into this.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Oct 23, 2013, 6:47:45 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
i was checking out on default merc to see what dominus is like, and HOLY HELL
Spoiler
the first 20 seconds seemed more than ok, and suddenly some kind of smoke comes in and everyone quickly died painfully within a matter of seconds
we were a full group of 80+ people

retried and the same happens, and again

dominus hits really damn hard, so for the hc players out there, be prepared or else you'll get shit on massively
Last edited by Babalao on Oct 23, 2013, 6:44:56 PM
Glad you enjoyed the fight!

Regarding 4) There is a bit of a issue here, the appropriate devs know about it, and a fix should eventually go through soonish!
The audio guy.
How is it epic if you can start to call it Raids instead of MF runs.....

MMOfication at it's finest.
Ok about the dominus fight. yes it is tricky, his blood rain deals a lot of damage and the adds also deals pretty much damage.

there are tricks to get around all this though. i wont spoil the fight for you so i wont tell you here how to fight him. but if you really want to know and feel like that you cant even fight him please send me a message and i will explain some tricks i have figured out.
IGN: miratine
As long as you know the trick for getting around the rain, the second half of the fight is actually incredibly easy. Hell, I'd say it needs a buff after how insanely brutal the first half is - it's just nuts how much damage some of his attacks (no, not the super-telegraphed "dodge or die" one) do. Throw on flicker strike, and it gets real ugly.

Spoiler
For the rain, stand in the big fat marked white circle where he is and take no DoT, and tank his wimpy melee.

Fucking epic though. Seriously. I gotta say, I did not expect this degree of awesome. That is a final boss fight which feels worthy of the title. Piety is kinda disappointing after the insanity that is Vaal, but this... This is awesome. Completely and totally awesome.
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof

The fight is kind of like vaal. You have to know what you are doing. I remember vaal with my first char. I tried to face tank it with my glass cannon dual dagger shadow. That method worked fine up until that boss so it was a big pain when I was slamed and had to do the entire pyramid over with poor ele resists. lol good times.

Spoiler
For the blood rain you need to get inside of the safe dome. I'm not sure what type of damage it is but i think it might be % of your life/es based. It seemed like it would make my 8k es drop just as fast as everyone else.

It's so much fun watching the people that don't get it die muah ha haa >:^D
Berek's Grip Ice Spear
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/780707
Budget Magicfind and/or Hardcore Flame Totem
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1211543
Just went in blind on Merciless Hardcore, me on my Duelist buddy on his Witch. We got partway through, thought we were doing well... then all hell broke loose.

Neither of us died, but I was jamming potions left and right. We decided to retreat.

Definitely gonna go through it on Normal and Cruel.

I remember the first time I fought Vaal and Piety.

It is going to be a very tough fight to win without preparation. I'd prefer not to lose my best character so I'm gonna learn him a little.

Fight was epic though.
Team Won
Ok, just took him down on nemesis.
The most epic and fun battle indeed.
Had to run for him 3 times though due 1st crash when i portaled out and 2nd crash was on final hit.
I really like all stages of fight, music accompanied it also very good.
Damn lot of emotions!
Really forcing myself not giving out spoilers xD
IGN BalaGi, SayaKho
Is Dom required for progression to the next difficulty?

Sounds like you need to be halfway through cruel diff to do him on norm and so on.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info