Steam Related Log In Issue

works perfect if you move the 4 gig or so file to a new install. took all of 3 minutes and now im playing the game, stop complaining and you would be playing too if you tried it
For what it's worth, I just followed the instructions in the first post and it worked.

Thanks for figuring out a fix so quickly guys!
The instructions seem to indicate that you can use the non-steam installation to play even after linking to steam. Is this true? I am still afraid that linking my precious account might render it impossible to use it without steam.
Just so somebody knows, when I tried to uninstall the non-Steam client, it took my video drivers with it too. That wasn't very nice.
"
what if I want to play on Steam, but don't want to redownload the whole game again?

I already played in beta, and have the original installation patched and can launch and play.

just want to have it on steam for acheivements and auto-updates.

can you post a link to the forum
post or tell me what to do?

thanks

+1
"
Shroof wrote:
The instructions seem to indicate that you can use the non-steam installation to play even after linking to steam. Is this true? I am still afraid that linking my precious account might render it impossible to use it without steam.

Any hints on this? I'm afraid of the same thing.
IGN: SCHVAITZERIZER
My god if people were just capable of reading instead of complaining all the time ... why are they even using a PC if they don't know the basics.

Last edited by Saviouress on Oct 24, 2013, 12:11:15 PM
"
MAD_DAN wrote:
"
Shroof wrote:

Any hints on this? I'm afraid of the same thing.
I've linked my steam account and while I was having issues with the Steam client, I was able to use the normal client just fine, logging in using my regular PoE credentials.

I am now using the Steam version with no issues.
<3
Thanks ^_^
IGN: SCHVAITZERIZER
I am having the 'contacting server' message forever after selecting which character i would like to play as (also unable to create new characters) i can't play with the original client as my account is made through steam therefore i don't have PoE login details, what can i do? thanks in advance

TL;DR - steam account for PoE stuck on 'contacting server'

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info