Steam Related Log In Issue

"
Ludis wrote:
i enjoyed the game while beta, but it was beta and eventually i got tired with the unbalanced and the game being unfinished. But since you put on steam i decided to give a try, because you know, its steam. And then, this happens. Really thinking not trying this game again. You guys had weeks to prepare to lunch on steam.

This is a FREE game. You act like they owe you something. Please don't play at all, just don't start the game again, no one needs a spoiled entitled kid complaining about a FREE game.
I believe in you, guys!

EVERY new game has issues, even SP games like GTA V for consoles!
I remember trying to log into my Diablo 3 account on release :D
"
Despite the patch, I still can't log in with the Steam client (it's still stuck on "contacting server").

I COULD reinstall the non-steam client and enter my unlock code there, but it takes longer for me to download the client than it takes GGG to hotfix something. I have faith that this'll eventually get fixed.

you only have to download about 7mb, then copy the content.ggpk file from your steam version of PoE to where you just installed the nonsteam version. I'm doing it now you don't have to redownload game I'll let you know if it works
I unistalled the Path of Exile old Client. Installed the new one on Steam, i linked my account but cant log in because it forces me re-linking the account and when i click on the link on the mail, it says "There was a problem verifying your Steam linking code. Please check that you are visiting the same URL as your received in the confirmation email." Tried logging out via Steam and Websyte, nothing.
"
Xelephis wrote:
"
Despite the patch, I still can't log in with the Steam client (it's still stuck on "contacting server").

I COULD reinstall the non-steam client and enter my unlock code there, but it takes longer for me to download the client than it takes GGG to hotfix something. I have faith that this'll eventually get fixed.

you only have to download about 7mb, then copy the content.ggpk file from your steam version of PoE to where you just installed the nonsteam version. I'm doing it now you don't have to redownload game I'll let you know if it works

Oh, I see now: You only download the installer, then copy* the content file into your install directory before you run the installer. Thanks for clearing that up!

* cutting and pasting actually works better because it just changes the path of a file in your OS's file system rather than making a new file so you don't have to wait for a 4GB file to get copied. Then you cut/paste it back to the steam directory when you're done.

[img]http://image.prntscr.com/image/2e57fcaba2ea48cc9832fecc55c6d0d6.png[/img]
Last edited by Commoble on Oct 23, 2013, 11:40:27 PM
"
ISnip3rJoe wrote:
"
Ludis wrote:
i enjoyed the game while beta, but it was beta and eventually i got tired with the unbalanced and the game being unfinished. But since you put on steam i decided to give a try, because you know, its steam. And then, this happens. Really thinking not trying this game again. You guys had weeks to prepare to lunch on steam.

This is a FREE game. You act like they owe you something. Please don't play at all, just don't start the game again, no one needs a spoiled entitled kid complaining about a FREE game.

Says the guy who can play his game
"
Commoble wrote:

Oh, I see now: You only download the installer, then copy* the content file into your install directory before you run the installer. Thanks for clearing that up!

* cutting and pasting actually works better because it doesn't actually affect the physical location of the file on disk so you don't have to wait for a 4GB file to get copied. Then you cut/paste it back to the steam directory when you're done.

No problem! And thanks for telling me about cutting/pasting I didn't know that. About to login now and try.
I can confirm that using the main client to activate the unlock code makes Steam work again (and that this is still needed to fix Steam after the 1.0.0c patch).
[img]http://image.prntscr.com/image/2e57fcaba2ea48cc9832fecc55c6d0d6.png[/img]
"
Commoble wrote:
I can confirm that using the main client to activate the unlock code makes Steam work again (and that this is still needed to fix Steam after the 1.0.0c patch).

What if i unistalled the old one and cant log in via client on steam?
Um, shitcan the steam version and download the client via the link on this website...? Dudes are bogarting my PoE time with these multiple "steam login issue" patches.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info