Steam Related Log In Issue

Hey guys,

We are aware that some players are having issues logging into steam due to the unlock code box not appearing or receiving a constant "contacting server" message. We are patching in a fix for this later today. In the meantime please try the following steps as these may help.

1. Login with your non-Steam POE client. If you uninstalled that, you can redownload it and copy your Content.ggpk file from Steam over to that directory.

2. Login.

3. Enter your unlock code.

4. Login again.

5. Exit.

6. Launch from Steam.
Last edited by Bex_GGG on Oct 24, 2013, 1:16:40 AM
Last bumped on May 4, 2016, 2:48:51 AM
what if I want to play on Steam, but don't want to redownload the whole game again?

I already played in beta, and have the original installation patched and can launch and play.

just want to have it on steam for acheivements and auto-updates.

can you post a link to the forum
post or tell me what to do?

thanks
Fix this already, I don't want to re-download the game again :(
IGN: Farmerino
I agree, most of us actually work and this is a complete waste of what little precious free time we have - assuming we played pre-steam it is very frustrating that we can't play now.
You can also symlink your content.ggpk file, doesn't take up any room that way.
If it doesn't touch the client then we can't ban for it. -Chris
wtf is symlink? If you copy over the content.ggpk before you start the Steam download, the installer erases it.

If you try to put it there after starting the download in Steam, the "Verify Cache Integrity" doesn't re-recognize that you have the large file moved over. still takes just as long.....

Thanks for the thread, this was exactly my issue and it worked as stated.
"
TotalSin wrote:
I agree, most of us actually work and this is a complete waste of what little precious free time we have - assuming we played pre-steam it is very frustrating that we can't play now.

God i wish people would stop using this hollow argument.
It serves no purpose other than making yourself feel better because you got a reason to tell everyone that you "actually work", that'll show those unemployed nerds on the internet!

Bloody entitled Gamers.
"
wtf is symlink? If you copy over the content.ggpk before you start the Steam download, the installer erases it.

If you try to put it there after starting the download in Steam, the "Verify Cache Integrity" doesn't re-recognize that you have the large file moved over. still takes just as long.....

apprently you didnt even read the first post... -_-
If it doesn't touch the client then we can't ban for it. -Chris
i did, ricochet...those directions seem to point out how to fix if you are moving from steam

1. Login with your non-Steam POE client. If you uninstalled that, you can redownload it and copy your Content.ggpk file from Steam over to that directory.

says, from Steam over to that directory.

what am I missing?

Plus, no unlock code has been needed for me as of yet.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info