Cast when Damage Taken

You could say the same about my statement, but it wouldn't make any fucking sense whatsoever.

How would a level 1 CwDT be useful at an 80% EHP Trigger if a level 15 CwDT now is "not useful"? :/ At least you knew what you were going for with your name.

Also: Immortal Call is generally much more effective on a higher-level CwDT, to reduce the amount of worthless triggers. Dyness made an entire build around high-level CwDT. Low-mitigation builds (15k ES Vaal Pact, for example) can easily jack up a CwDT to trigger after 1200 damage without noticing much of any difference.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Nov 26, 2016, 1:05:16 PM
Ask him.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1739089

Also you have no idea what my "name" means.
Last edited by de99ial on Dec 16, 2016, 12:35:38 AM
hi fellows, what would be reasonable level for CWDT+IC on a char with 50% reduction and 6k HP?
1) Just like multistrike doesn't work with movement attacks, CWDT shouldn't support any movement spells.
2) It's extremely laggy. Engine can't handle rendering 8+ gmp spells cast at the same time. it shows constant 200 -> 0 fps behaviour on AMD-based PC. (I'm not counting NASA-tier test PC you're using to test things in your office)

So, could you please make it work in the same way as Cast on Crit and Cast on Melee Kill works? I.e. one spell cast per trigger, cycle through linked spells.

This gem overpowered mechanic stays untouched for so long I suspect all AFK builds I've met on arena in past 2 years are GGG's employees.
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Last edited by a_z0_9 on Dec 27, 2016, 8:33:17 AM
"
Damon_Tor wrote:
Does CWDT track Damage over Time now?

Because I just started playing my RF guy again after a while and holy crap.

Setup: He has several skills linked to level 20 CWDT: Flame Surge, Freezing Pulse, and Molten Shell. They're also supported by a high level Life Leech gem. The idea was that if I ever got in any serious trouble the large amount of life leech from those spells would help keep be standing.

As expected, they would trigger very rarely.

But today I start playing this guy again and suddenly those spells seem to be triggering EVERY TIME I GET HIT. Even by level 77 white enemies. My only thought is that the CWDT gem is tracking the damage dealt by my Righteous Fire, but waiting for a "hit" to come in to actually trigger the spells.

Is this working as intended? Because if so, there's a whole new world of pain coming to Wraeclast.

My experience doesn't seem to back this, I am playing a hiltless build, and it dies to degen mechanics so much it is retarded

I wish CWDT would count degen damage
Life will be technically better Soon TM
Last edited by waskely on Jan 19, 2017, 4:52:00 PM
"
waskely wrote:
I wish CWDT would count degen damage

Would be entirely stupid with Righteous Fire and Blood Rage.
"
Betrunken wrote:
I have been doing some testing and it seems like multiple copies of the same spell will only work if they would not trigger at the same time.(different level CWDT for instance). If the gem had enough damage to trigger, even if it didn't trigger because another copy of it already did, it will have it's damage counter reset. Is this intended?

I need a reply on this ASAP please. I made an entire build around this concept, and it seems like Betrunken is correct: all damage counters of gems with the same name are wiped upon one of them triggering.

Bugged?
Spoiler
I hope so, and hope it'll get fixed. It's the most math I've done theorycrafting a build and would love to see it function. Plus I just don't know what else to play at these heights.
"
Vipermagi wrote:

I just maxed out two of those gems (for +20 quality) and now im levelin one to 9 and second to 5. Please explain how does this makes no sense? Because when i had both on 20 they were in fact useless.
What you're describing makes perfect sense to me; you don't want CwDT on level 20 because that's only good for soaking builds such as the ol' Dy'ness Tank. Of course, you decided to omit all sense of context with a fucking empty quote so there's probably something I'm missing here. >.>
"
Vipermagi wrote:
What you're describing makes perfect sense to me; you don't want CwDT on level 20 because that's only good for soaking builds such as the ol' Dy'ness Tank. Of course, you decided to omit all sense of context with a fucking empty quote so there's probably something I'm missing here. >.>

Oh sure because You have memory loss and You dont remember our conversation that is on previous page, right? Nice to see we have such intelligent community activists.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info