Who clicked "I agree" without reading the TOS?

I read every word because since they updated it I wanted to try and figure out what loophole they had found that they felt they needed to close. I couldn't come up with anything.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
"
Lachdanan wrote:

The ToS would be legally binding in GER if i would have been able to read it before purchase, or something like that (i´m not a lawyer, going deeper into the thematic would cause headache).

This has been brought up before in legal cases (I'm too lazy to find them, but I'm pretty sure they were thoroughly detailed by Gamasutra) with MMORPGs and their players. The workarounds for this was to include an address or such to point the customer at where they can locate the ToS/EULA before buying the product. Additionally, for subscription based MMORPGs(which was about the last time I checked up on such cases) you could argue that you're merely buying the copy of the game install - and that the subscription and online services itself are the only thing that's affected by the ToS/EULA - in which case you are usually made to read such prior to purchasing a subscription.

IGN: EviiLe
Last edited by ImRight on Oct 25, 2013, 9:23:46 PM
Waiting for the day when someone actually makes an online without a tos that no one could give a toss about in the first place.

Oh wait, never mind, *Loads cookie clicker*.

I'm also wondering what part of the tos disallows jokes, cos today I got told off by a dev for telling people that you link items with alt f4. Not a mute, but a warning.

Something like 40+ channels of players spamming the same thing about pressing Alt f4 to link items, and I get told off for it.

I also tell people that the game will sell fees, and that respecs will be available soon in the cash store cos its funny.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
Last edited by bhavv on Oct 25, 2013, 9:30:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info