Scion 2h mace spectral throw build guide. [HC/Nemesis]

SKILL TREE

All life nodes possible, 2h damage and projectile dmg for damage. Proj speed for range.

MAIN AOE
Spectral throw -> Lesser multiple projectiles -> Added Fire/Faster attacks -> Life Leech -> Blood Magic-> You decide on 6th link if you ever get one.

MAIN SINGLE TARGET
Heavy strike -> Melee Physical -> Blood Magic -> life leech

AURAS

Hatred + Reduced mana
Second aura is optional to your preferences

LEVELING

You start as scion and level with spectral throw the whole game.

You get added fire in act 1.
Lesser multiple projectiles in act 2. (weaver)

Try to aim for the highest physical damage gear you can find, best being a 2h mace but use whatever you want untill you get a good 2h.

Always look for hp and resists in gear when leveling.

SPENDING POINTS

I like to start and go left to marauder and pick up the resist/hp and resolute technique which will already get you to around 1.1k-1.5k hp by end of act 1 if you have any decent life gear.

After that it is up to you where you go. You can take more dps by taking the attack speed below scion start and mace physical near templar. For more survivability you should aim for duelist start for armor and hp + resist or go for templar tree.

I'd go to ranger tree the last due to lack of AWESOME nodes there.

BANDITS

Normal - Help oak
Cruel - Get physical damage.
Merciless - Kill all

I'll keep the thread updated whenever i feel someone gave a good suggestion or i find a upgrade to the build.

Last edited by Grizze on Oct 24, 2013, 8:16:37 PM
Will try to make one using axes, may upload it in a few minutes.
Will also work on an elemental spectral thrower, but that seems not viable, will have to explore some more.
You don't have blood magic in this build..?
IGN: xOkiesmokiex or _Okiesmokie
Melee physical damage doesnt affect spectral throw, Gymnastic and Ballistic mastery aren't worth spending ~13 points, you can take Holy Strength (6% max life more than Gymnastic nodes) for only 2+10 int trash nodes instead.Melee Physical support gem can be replaced with faster attacks one. Something like
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABMZ6mV03j_o81kjrh8kX-CudjiPGsWRnpZ1jkrd7BwBqQVaeEGjisqlHmtC9BP3KpfNnsOFfiMol35QSz8B-iABRNtfJYrzboOlIyfmSjGlVhIYTvdO1672BLBS1AoJ65J-0ZLtSPud3yL-8O51JUSV8_9kiMz1BQWGPG2PKXm12omlpSSshuqmae-tI26eNqJKoZhfPdDjwPzKZkyZhQRxQgFHFBqt-_pzD3vqlueA0B55_L-Ov3MlnzPycqTRUgg9v8S85xbBY=
if you want to take BM keystone which you didnt take in your build (Also taken optional Unwavering Stance keystone to prevent being stunned)
That build requires 1 less points, You lose 28% inc. attack speed, about 50 dex, but gain 44% Inc. max life, 20% increased damage and 10 strength if my calculations were right.
i only now realised i took iron grip and not blood magic, well you dont take iron grip and you go down from reso tech to blood magic.
Iron Grip will give 75% or more increased dmg with spectral throw with high strength build
I get the feeling that LoH would be better than LL for spectral throw. Since the weapon can hit multiple instances as it flies.
anyone know if you can use ranged totem with the skill?
"
Warhaul wrote:
anyone know if you can use ranged totem with the skill?

RA totem description: "Supported Attack Skills cannot be used with Melee Weapons" so i suppose no
Any reason to not take berserking when you are going right past it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info