Something up with alchemy drops?

I started a new character in default league after the most recent legacy migration. I have now completed the entirety of normal and cruel difficulty and have found exactly zero orbs or alchemy. Previously by this point, I usually found about 8-10 of them.

Is this intentional - did the drop rate change? Or is it just bad luck? I considered that, and waited a while to ask (I first noticed it about 3/4 way through normal - hmm, no alchs so far?). That just seems like a really far outlier if the expectation is still 8-10 or so.

Anyone else notice something like this?
not enough time for gaming!
I’ve only played up to level 20 this current wipe and found 1 alchemy orb around level 10. It’s hard to balance low level currency drops. If they are too generous people will just rush low level areas with twinked players. So if they have too much currency people will abuse the system and if they have too few new players will become frustrated.

As a compromise I suggest that un-identified rare items should sell for 1-3 alchemy shards. I feel this change would help players generate alchemy orbs while providing a much needed gear sink to the game.
IGN: Wrathmar * Paulie * Client
You'll find more than 20+ rares per instance later on, so the recipe is a bad idea. Me, I got an alch off the second zombie I killed, and ended up with a total of 17 alchs in merciless via drops and recipes.
"
Crossflip wrote:
You'll find more than 20+ rares per instance later on, so the recipe is a bad idea. Me, I got an alch off the second zombie I killed, and ended up with a total of 17 alchs in merciless via drops and recipes.

I see your point but if they are sold for a shard they are not saved for the recipe. The recipe awards 1 orb for 2 matching rares. So if 20 rares were saved and sold for the recipe you could hypothetically get 10 orbs verses 1 from shards.

Now that I think about it this would make 2 orbs of transmutation = 1 orb of alchemy. My idea may not work but I still feel that alchemy shards are too rare…
IGN: Wrathmar * Paulie * Client
I do also agree that unidentified rares should sell for more. It is a win-win for identifying them as they could be good and at the same time be a match to another identified rare. If you sell them 95% of the time they go for low end orbs, which is bad in my opinion.

As it stands right now they really undervalue the price of unidentified rares. For giving up the potential upgrade, you should get something decent in return...
Last edited by Repeats on Oct 25, 2012, 10:34:12 AM
I haven't gotten alchemy in like 20 days
i have 60

90% of them are matched rares tho
some of my IGNs:

EKDDtemplar/DualTotemSparkfotm/jesusbestjewever/EverhardDick/SilSol/SilSol_eight/SilSol_seven/
SilSol_ten/FiretemplarwithAA/JesusFacebreaker/SilSol_three/SilSol_two/grumpycatbestgodever
Give me all of your alchemy

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info