No Scroll or Currency drops in 15 levels (Not exaggerating)

So I've been leveling a new character on softcore on this second account so I can rush myself and my buddy through acts when he starts playing with me soon. However, I've been struggling with this ridiculous issue.

I am level 42 currently, and I have not seen a scroll (ID or TP) or ANY currency (Transmutes,alts,chaos,alchs,nothing) drop since my early 30s. This has made it VERY difficult for me. In order to ID rares I've been finding, I've had to sell the few alteration orbs I've acquired from selling rares for wisdom scrolls. I haven't had a town portal scroll in over 10 levels.

I know a lot of people are going to come in here and state things like "You outlevel the zone to much" ect. I've personally deemed this to be not the case. You do in fact recieve a penalty on currency drops if you outlevel a zone to drastically - and originally, I thought thats what my problem was. I grinded docks till about 37 in normal (Hardcore habit >.>). After I begun to really feel the pain of not having had any currency drops, I decided to rush through act 3 to try to get to cruel difficulty so I could start seeing currency drops again.

I got through the rest of A3 with zero currency drops, came into A1Cruel.

Same problem. This time I know its not because I out level zones. The penalty only kicks in if you are more than 2 levels above a zone. I was level 40 in a 38 and 39 zone and still saw zero currency/scroll drops. I quested all the way through act 1 cruel, again with out seeing a single scroll drop. I am now in Act 2 Cruel and this problem has aggravated me enough that I've been forced to post here regarding the problem.

I understand that RNG is RNG, but not having seen one single scroll or currency drop in over 2 acts is beyond bad RNG. Just to make sure I wasn't crazy, I logged onto my main account and did a little bit of grinding on my 77 and some lower chars and was able to receive currency and scrolls quickly, with no issues. I've leveled enough chars over 40 to know when something is messed up with my drop rates.

While I've been looking into this problem I've noted several other people have said they also have experienced similar issues after trading items from one account to another. I did exactly that, I traded some rip'd HC items to this account to help speed up my leveling. Perhaps GGG is flagging accounts automatically that make "strange trades" to help prevent RMT? I suppose its a possibility that I got flagged in error?

Making this thread here is my last hope, as I no longer no where else to look. Please let me know if there is any other information you need from me to help solve this issue.

Last edited by AlcMule1 on Oct 22, 2013, 7:56:45 AM
ive not heard anything about "flagged accounts" yet.

recently i muled off almost all my items to a mule acc and then leveled a char to 25 to be able to trade currency to my main acc when i trade w/ the mule acc. i found a regal and 2 chaos or so while leveling to 25. guess u just had insanely bad luck.
IGN: @ShocklerMolesh

Map Management Resource:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/339977
"
Quak3 wrote:
ive not heard anything about "flagged accounts" yet.

recently i muled off almost all my items to a mule acc and then leveled a char to 25 to be able to trade currency to my main acc when i trade w/ the mule acc. i found a regal and 2 chaos or so while leveling to 25. guess u just had insanely bad luck.

Nah, this is out side of bounds of bad luck. When I say zero scroll drops I mean zero. I haven't had a town portal scroll in like 10 levels or more. I logged on my main on my main account and found a portal scroll in 1 minute. There is absolutely, positively no way this isn't some sort of penalty on the account. I've leveled enough characters to know when its not right. I have zero orbs of transmutation because none have dropped, zero chaos orbs, zero alch orbs, zero jewelers, zero fusings, zero anything else other than alterations which I get from selling the few rares I find.

There is def something wrong about this.
There are a couple of threads in Bug Reports forum about this:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/522507
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/518626
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/425717

Perhaps it's time for you to make your own thread in the bug reports forum? Or post in one of the threads I linked above.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Oct 22, 2013, 7:26:50 PM
I had this happen to me, across all characters in my account (even new ones), in Anarchy and standard - I had just got the mods/devs interested when it magically seemed to fix itself. If I played multiplayer I could find some, if we were on free for all, but I guess that I was not contributing to the drops.
Don't think anyone has got to the bottom of it yet.
buy RMT orbs from the site that GGG owns! :)
I have the exact same problem! after the release i am dropping no portal no wisdom scrolls..
Hi everyone,

Please contact support@grindinggear.com for assistance :)

- Mike
I've had this happen to me as well in a 2 hour solo race and all ggg said was its just bad luck.rng is one thing and not getting a single portal scroll or wisdom scroll or any currency drops is a bug
"
AlcMule1 wrote:
So I've been leveling a new character on softcore on this second account so I can rush myself and my buddy through acts when he starts playing with me soon. However, I've been struggling with this ridiculous issue.

I am level 42 currently, and I have not seen a scroll (ID or TP) or ANY currency (Transmutes,alts,chaos,alchs,nothing) drop since my early 30s. This has made it VERY difficult for me. In order to ID rares I've been finding, I've had to sell the few alteration orbs I've acquired from selling rares for wisdom scrolls. I haven't had a town portal scroll in over 10 levels.

I know a lot of people are going to come in here and state things like "You outlevel the zone to much" ect. I've personally deemed this to be not the case. You do in fact recieve a penalty on currency drops if you outlevel a zone to drastically - and originally, I thought thats what my problem was. I grinded docks till about 37 in normal (Hardcore habit >.>). After I begun to really feel the pain of not having had any currency drops, I decided to rush through act 3 to try to get to cruel difficulty so I could start seeing currency drops again.

I got through the rest of A3 with zero currency drops, came into A1Cruel.

Same problem. This time I know its not because I out level zones. The penalty only kicks in if you are more than 2 levels above a zone. I was level 40 in a 38 and 39 zone and still saw zero currency/scroll drops. I quested all the way through act 1 cruel, again with out seeing a single scroll drop. I am now in Act 2 Cruel and this problem has aggravated me enough that I've been forced to post here regarding the problem.

I understand that RNG is RNG, but not having seen one single scroll or currency drop in over 2 acts is beyond bad RNG. Just to make sure I wasn't crazy, I logged onto my main account and did a little bit of grinding on my 77 and some lower chars and was able to receive currency and scrolls quickly, with no issues. I've leveled enough chars over 40 to know when something is messed up with my drop rates.

While I've been looking into this problem I've noted several other people have said they also have experienced similar issues after trading items from one account to another. I did exactly that, I traded some rip'd HC items to this account to help speed up my leveling. Perhaps GGG is flagging accounts automatically that make "strange trades" to help prevent RMT? I suppose its a possibility that I got flagged in error?

Making this thread here is my last hope, as I no longer no where else to look. Please let me know if there is any other information you need from me to help solve this issue.

you made a mistake.

you said it yourself you were severely over leveld until level 40.... so you really only didnt see currency drops from 37 - 40.... since as you said before that you were suffering from currency penalty.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info