Domination vs. Standard?

I just wish I could find a good build for 1.0 but we dont know the treee!
Closed Beta|Open Beta|Release|League Only
"
CrownOfThorns wrote:
Just curious what do you think it will be population wise Domination vs. Standard? 50/50? Or a majority sticking with Standard.
I think population will be 50/50 if you are only looking at domination / standard.

But since there might be an influx of new people, as well as how popular the shrines are, things could change completely.

I think this means population might be anywhere from 50-70% in domination, the rest standard.
"
CrownOfThorns wrote:
I just wish I could find a good build for 1.0 but we dont know the treee!

I already have a build plan regardless of tree layout. I WILL MAKE MY BUILD WORK! Seeing the leaked picture gave me enough confidence.
There comes a time thief when jewels cease to sparkle, gold loses it's luster, throne room becomes a prison, and all that's left is a father's love for his child. - King Osric
GGG's goal is 0:100 standard vs domination :).
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
But since there might be an influx of new people, as well as how popular the shrines are, things could change completely

Does anyone know if the shrines will = better loot, or only difficulty
Closed Beta|Open Beta|Release|League Only
Domination

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYPFrXvc2rE
"
CrownOfThorns wrote:
"
But since there might be an influx of new people, as well as how popular the shrines are, things could change completely

Does anyone know if the shrines will = better loot, or only difficulty
Well the concept of shrines is there will be a huge pack of mobs there with the shrine, so if you kill them all, more loot will drop.

Also if you get the shrine successfully, it should increase your clear speed. The drop rate would be the same, but if you kill more mobs faster then you will get more loot.
At the very least domination will probably be more populated until people finish whatever challenges they are after (assuming they aren't ones that will get easier as the league ages).
Everything I do I rush through so I can do something else.
HC players are more used to the idea of starting over, so at a guess the HC population split will more heavily favour Nemesis than the SC split will favour Domination.

That's what happened the last time, too.

Most of my friends list is composed of ridiculously wealthy people who stayed on SC throughout the previous leagues. I did a straw poll and most of them will remain on SC. It's really, really hard to give up a character worth 100 ex in favour of a fresh start, and some of them have multiple characters, and that's not counting their stash value.

I think I had all of two friends who went to Anarchy and stayed in Anarchy, last time. Both are, like me, hardcore rerollers who play a build through endgame and then ditch it for the next thing that catches their fancy. Starting over is less of a hassle for us.
How to make a build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/510084
Current guides: N/A
My friends list is split between people dedicated to Standard only, and people who only play the new leagues. So I'll be playing both. As I've said many times in various threads, HC is not an option for me atm, as much as I wish it were :( Nemesis sounds so much more fun than Dominion, but then Dominion sounds so much more fun than Standard.. so I can't really complain.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info