PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Stun and Reduced Stun Threshold: the quick and dirty way

"
Azhukar wrote:
"
TehHammer wrote:
I assume this applies for mobs as well. Let's say I hit a mob with energy shield with enough damage to get 100% chance to stun, their energy shield will give them a 50% chance to avoid that stun, correct? What if the damage made the energy shield 0? What if the damage didn't make the energy shield 0?

I've bolded the part where you answer your own questions before you ask them.

But hey, it's OTHERS that miss the point.
I've bolded the part that you missed.
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
"
TehHammer wrote:

You're a very special cookie.
"
Azhukar wrote:
"
TehHammer wrote:

You're a very special cookie.
Read what the dev said, then reread what I said. You're missing a whole lot and I find it amusing that you think I am.
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

From my experience (playing a marauder with 96% reduced enemy stun threshold atm) energy shield on mobs does in fact sometimes prevent a stun. I'm 99% sure i've experineced it with a few rares with extra energy shield aura. Some of the hits while enrgy shield was still up didn't stun, and after it was down, every hit was a stun.
With my damage and the reduced threshold every hit is a stun unless the enemy is stun immune or has energy shield. Those rare mobs with ES also went down a lot faster than the Weaver I chainstunned at the same(ish) lvl. SO damage should have been sufficient to also chainstun the rare.

edit:
@ OP: ever tried using temporal chains? Getting some really nice stun durations that way. Not actually needed, but fun! :D
CliveHowlitzer wrote:

I am now too addicted to that feeling of being kicked in the nuts when you die.
Last edited by Alros on Oct 25, 2012, 3:04:16 PM
"
Alros wrote:
From my experience (playing a marauder with 96% reduced enemy stun threshold atm) energy shield on mobs does in fact sometimes prevent a stun. I'm 99% sure I've experienced it with a few rares with extra energy shield aura. Some of the hits while energy shield was still up didn't stun, and after it was down, every hit was a stun.
With my damage and the reduced threshold every hit is a stun unless the enemy is stun immune or has energy shield. Those rare mobs with ES also went down a lot faster than the Weaver I chainstunned at the same(ish) lvl. SO damage should have been sufficient to also chainstun the rare.

Yeah, Mark is one of the developers who posted earlier:

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Having any ES at the point you're hit means a 50% chance to avoid any stun entirely.
ES is not included with life for purposes of determining stun duration.

"
Alros wrote:
edit:
@ OP: ever tried using temporal chains? Getting some really nice stun durations that way. Not actually needed, but fun! :D

That. . .sounds kinda sexy. I'm finding that getting the derp is fairly simple but prolonging the derp is where it is at!!

edit: formatting
Last edited by Ladderjack on Oct 25, 2012, 3:43:43 PM
"
TehHammer wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Having any ES at the point you're hit means a 50% chance to avoid any stun entirely.
I assume this applies for mobs as well. Let's say I hit a mob with energy shield with enough damage to get 100% chance to stun, their energy shield will give them a 50% chance to avoid that stun, correct?
Correct.
"
TehHammer wrote:
What if the damage made the energy shield 0? What if the damage didn't make the energy shield 0?
Makes no difference, other than to the next hit.
Beautiful, it was as we assumed, but glad I could hear it from a dev!

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
TehHammer wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
I assume this applies for mobs as well. Let's say I hit a mob with energy shield with enough damage to get 100% chance to stun, their energy shield will give them a 50% chance to avoid that stun, correct?
Correct.
"
TehHammer wrote:
What if the damage made the energy shield 0? What if the damage didn't make the energy shield 0?
Makes no difference, other than to the next hit.

So it means if you are the "chaos body" that have only 1 hp, all attack against you will stun you 50%, if you don't have any other passives to defense this.

recently found this, would you recommend speccing even more into stun?

Edit: spectral throw build
Last edited by adrinatoren on Oct 31, 2013, 12:11:40 PM
The energy shield thing isn't that bad in practice. It's basically a 50% less chance to stun modifier while there's energy shield left, but is their because with the split eHP pool it's very easy to get a 100% stun chance against them.

I'd so say that stun locking doesn't require a 100% stun chance. You have to have a 20% chance to stun in the end to have any chance at all to stun (and a maxed out Vulnerability curse gets you to 14% on its own). That means if you can stun anything at all, on average you can stunlock it if you can attack 5x during the time it's stunned. Since you can pretty easily get stun duration to 100+% and Vulnerability adds another 1.3 multiplier (and even better if you've got double curse with Temp Chains) it should be entirely possible to perma-stun basically anything in the game if you really focus on it. My version is still leveling and just entered Merc but is doing well so far.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info