Battle Text...Damage Numbers...WHENNN!?

"
Rocksteady86 wrote:
As long as its an OPTION.

I am not going to say no to a feature someone else wants. again, as long as it's an option.

Do you enjoy playing in parties?

Do you think Floating damage numbers would help or hurt a new players chances to join-- and stay in-- a party?

So even if it's an option, it will absolutely affect everyone.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
"
Antnee wrote:
"
Rocksteady86 wrote:

I am not going to say no to a feature someone else wants. again, as long as it's an option.

Do you think Floating damage numbers would help or hurt a new players chances to join-- and stay in-- a party?

I hate these battle texts on screen, it always looks cartoonish.
But please explain how "an option to turn this on/off on userside" affect everyone while being in a party!?
It's the same thing with "health bars on char" or "loot filter" ... how does this affect me for example, if anyone has different settings than me!? oO
Have a problem with something I said? PM goetzjam don't derail a thread.
'There's plenty that needs to change. And back in my day we had real game devs.' - TheAnuhart
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on February 30, 2016 0:61 PM

Help Charan color the board - use [u color] to make your posts shine.
I agree with both sides of this topic as I can see for myself that having floating numbers or some sort of precise dps measuring in game would add to the feeling of getting somewhere as well as the excitement of something else to do other than just kill and pick up loot. Being able to see when you do a critical strike and seeing aoe/chain skills pop different numbers kinda changes a feel for a game to me.
I can also understand why many wouldn't like it as it reminds them of many other games I guess.
I hate floating numbers with a passion. It looks like throw up to me. Whenever I wstch D3 and see it, it looks so damn stupid.
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
I'd like to see it as an option, but given how badly optimized this game is...well...might not be too helpful in the end. :\
"
I hate floating numbers with a passion. It looks like throw up to me. Whenever I wstch D3 and see it, it looks so damn stupid.

I guess you didn't play old(?) Korean MMOs which almost always had damage numbers. Some of which got their inspiration from Diablo's rise of popularity.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
Hi

Always down with the option and GGG has proven through out its existence as a gaming company thus far that with enough money they will implement what you want in the game...

Meanwhile inb4 floating numbers option when activated causes game to crash.

Whats wrong with the life bar?

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
"
kcstar wrote:
"
Antnee wrote:
"
Rocksteady86 wrote:

I hate these battle texts on screen, it always looks cartoonish.
But please explain how "an option to turn this on/off on userside" affect everyone while being in a party!?
It's the same thing with "health bars on char" or "loot filter" ... how does this affect me for example, if anyone has different settings than me!? oO

If they are visible to anyone else besides you (and why wouldn't they be?), then parties are going to be a full DPS check.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info