Path of Exile

Best F2P MMO? (preferrably on Steam)

To celebrate my new fancy internet speeds I'd like to actually play an MMO. I've never really played one before except for EQ1 and I never got far in that one. I'm looking for something that isn't extremely cryptic for beginners (but not too simple either), and something that isn't drastically P2W. I can handle a little bit of P2W, as long as it's geared for the endgame and high levels, since I don't actually plan on getting that far. I would prefer if the game was on Steam, but will seriously look at other candidates.

The ones I'm considering (but open to suggestions) are:

Dungeons and Dragons Online
Star Trek Online
Rusty Hearts
Combat Arms
Vindictus
War of the Immortals

Thanks for your suggestions.
The person whose suggestions I take will receive nothing but my eternal gratitude, because I am a stone-cold bastard.
I don't have sig :D -- gracy123
Last edited by Onionspam on October 20, 2012 3:31 PM
League Of Legends and Heroes Of Newarth
Vindictus DC Univerce Online
Lineage
Cabal Online
APB:Reloaded
and i can tell you more :)
"
N2ow wrote:
League Of Legends and Heroes Of Newarth
Vindictus DC Univerce Online
Lineage
Cabal Online
APB:Reloaded
and i can tell you more :)

Ha! You cheated. You're supposed to pick only one! Looking over the choices though...will do some research on each one. Thanks for the suggestions!
You could try Atlantica Online.. Smooth levelling early game.. But gets VERY grindy later on, but it still has a ton of content to be experienced before you get bored.
"
decimatus wrote:
You could try Atlantica Online.. Smooth levelling early game.. But gets VERY grindy later on, but it still has a ton of content to be experienced before you get bored.

I did look at that one, but discounted it simply because I had never heard anyone mention it before. I'll check it out, thanks.
I played Atlantica Online for a good while. But inevitably, like all other MMOs, I quit playing... because.. well.. it's an MMO. It's fairly good and had a semi- ethical micro transaction system in that there was a fully player run economy through which players could sell premium currency for copious amounts of basic currency. All of the store items could also be sold in game.

Ultimately though, I reccomend DDO. It's a damn good game, and I was literally about to reinstall it the day I found out about PoE. Been here ever since.. soooo.... no time to play it, really. I'm also rather fond of Turbine's hybrid f2p / micro transaction / subscriber system.
Imagine there's no pants
It's easy if you try
No cloth below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people living in the buff (aah aha a-ahh)
DDO for sure. If you like character building and a combat system that isn't like world of warcraft then you must try DDO!
-
Last edited by Hellrum on November 13, 2012 2:32 PM
"
Hellrum wrote:

They are also coming out with a zombie apocalypse version of UO on oct 31, check www.uozombies.com. Basically DayZ in UO, you scavenge, survive, try to build your character. If you die, you turn into a zombie, if you die as a zombie, it's permadeath.

This is the best news I've heard in a long damn time. That sounds SO damn awesome.
Little update: Ultima online is the first one I've tried so far. I'm using the In Por Ylem server recommended by hellrum. The game is quite overwhelming for a noob, but the people are EXTREMELY helpful, and apparently I'm the first Noob to show up in years so help is always around.

I plan on trying DDO next, once I get the hang of UO.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info