Chris the new race reward system overcompensated

So people who play less should get the same as those who play more?

Those who play more always get the best gear first in a gear grinding game. No pun intended.

"
SL4Y3R wrote:
So people who play less should get the same as those who play more?

Those who play more always get the best gear first in a gear grinding game. No pun intended.

do you realize that if i increase the drop rate but i dont change the amount of time i play you will still be ahead of me simply because you play more?

you will have better gear faster,no worries about that bro

but instead of months,it would took me weeks to catch you (tho in reality id never catch you coz i play 6 chars)
some of my IGNs:

EKDDtemplar/DualTotemSparkfotm/jesusbestjewever/EverhardDick/SilSol/SilSol_eight/SilSol_seven/
SilSol_ten/FiretemplarwithAA/JesusFacebreaker/SilSol_three/SilSol_two/grumpycatbestgodever
I wouldn't play races if only the winners were rewarded; three hours of my time that could be spent on another character at ungodly hours of the day with nothing to take home from it? Meh. I don't see why I should simply try to rush the game and skip content
for three hours w/o reason.
The way the game is set up, it doesn't make sense that races reward people in active leagues.

What if a new ladder system was added that was account based and gave points based on what position you come in in races.

Account 1st 2nd 3nd Top10 Top50 Top100

Account 3 2 1 0 0 0
Account 1 1 4 0 0 0

etc. A permanent ladder based on an accounts overall performance in all the different tourneys. Aside from it being a cool feature imo, it also gives something to the people who feel they need compensation for their time. It might even drastically increase the number of people who participate in them.
"
Dashtun wrote:

do you realize that if i increase the drop rate but i dont change the amount of time i play you will still be ahead of me simply because you play more?

Lastability just went to zero. Ugggh.

Same tired argument. Un-gate endgame for me, I can't play 5000 hours! Keep endgame gated, I need something to show for my 5000 hours of play, beyond what a casual player can get! I personally lean towards the second category.

I want godly items to stay rare. I also want 6-links to stay rare, and I think 5-links are too easy to make. As long as most end-game content can be cleared with mediocre gear and 4-link skills, novelty end-game gear is gated just fine.

Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
Last edited by Zakaluka on Oct 21, 2012, 3:44:03 PM
I've been satisfied with the orbs I've won in the last 2 events, even though the best I've gotten from the prizes was 1 divine, 1 gcp, 0 regal, 0 exalted.

Just look at it like this: You keep all the orbs you find during the race, PLUS any prizes you win. I believe in the last 3 hour race I found 1 alchemy orb during the race, and received 4 alchemy in the prizes. That's a lot more than I would receive if I had just played the game normally.

I do admit that it's not as exciting as what we used to receive from prizes, but the old system was getting kinda out of hand. To receive 3 or more exalted from just 3 hours of play, was a little insane. The average player would probably have to play for at least 2 MONTHS to find that many.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
High currency drop rates means everyone gets the best gear quickly. I already have one item done. This league just started.

If drop rates were any higher, I wouldn't have anything to do, because I would have already made the best gear in game.

Drop rates are fine.

I have several questions for you.

1. Did you used your own orb drops for that particular item or traded some items for orbs?

2. How many orbs you traded for you think are found as regular drops and how many came from races as rewards?

3. If there was no rewards from races, how much time you would need to complete that particular item.

4. Do you still think drop rates are fine?
Bullshit makes the flowers grow
Found one of the exalts on my own. Sold a pair of nice Mara gloves for another. And bought the third.

Used my own jewelers for 6S

Used many of my own fusings from turning excess jewelers and alts into fusings.

Traded for the rest of the fusings.

Made my own regals and scouring orbs.

Considering there has only been one race or two since migration, drop rates are fine.
Last edited by SL4Y3R on Oct 22, 2012, 8:04:53 AM
There is an interesting alternative, based on a draught system.

All rewards are known in advance.

Ranking in the race determines the order in which winners pick their prizes.

Prizes are selected immediately following the close of the race, since most people will be playing at that point.

Give people, say, 2 minutes to pick or let the next guy in the list pick. As soon as someone picks the timer starts for the next guy. If there are lost of people reduce the timer to 1 minute or 20 seconds or whatever.

if there are more prizes than entrants either drop the remaining prizes, or go back to the top of the list. Recycling the list is preferable.

B.
The Preceding message contains discretion.
Viewer nudity is advised.
Ok, so... People are already harping about the speculative chance that higher end orbs might get a drop chance improvement (not saying they are, just raising a point).

Just because one says this doesn't mean the drop rate is going to be spiked SO MUCH that it saturates the market. This game is indeed for the hardcore, it doesn't intend to hold your hand or baby anyone for any real stretch of time. But the fact of the matter is, none of the interesting or worthwhile currency items drop for beans. A slight tweak to have an extra .5% chance to get a GCP drop from a rare monster is in no way gonna shatter the economy given all the other drop rate rules.

People need to realize that there is a balance to be made here. And even now it's a bit skewed to people that have ridiculous wealth.

I know I myself can't trade for shit right now because I don't have but 1 exalted orb and not one GCP has dropped for me. Selling things rarely pans out and it's just incredibly hard to keep up with this player base at all. The full on wrath of the capitalist public is a terrifying notion indeed.

All I suggest is to spread the wealth out a touch more. Not enough to shake the moorings but enough to really even the keel.

These race rewards are going to be missed by a large swath of players, myself included, since they always seem to be dominated by a few niche competitors that know all the tricks to leveling quickly. Give the inevitable newbies a chance to become something great instead of DBK'ing them into the ground when they try, eh?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info