Chris the new race reward system overcompensated

I like the idea of not flooding the economy with currency from races. However, I think it's been taken too far.

I hauled 91 orbs in tonight's race. You would think that'd net something worth the 3 hours currency-wise.

0 exalt
0 gcp
1 divine
1 chaos
4 alch

I can do that at my leisure in an hour on a lucky day instead of stressing for 3 hours trying not to die.

I think you should work on the distribution a bit. I really don't feel like running another 3 hour race for transmutes and chromatics. =b

Id rather just have fewer orbs with a higher chance of something worthwhile than 91 orbs and like 6 orbs I can use.

Keep up the good work GGG,
boom
/signed

Had one of the few exalts that got awarded too...
3 hours, 91 orbs, and a divine. Not even gonna count the alchs and chaos.

Ouch.

/signed
Aww and here was me thinking people did the 3 hr races for the fun & challenge
"
RandallPOE wrote:

Best joke ive heard all year.

If there is nothing up for grabs as a prize see how many people actually bother.

These sort of posts just go to show that all people are bothered about is the orbs they can get from it and when they not happy about it then ooohhh lets go on forum and complain.

Its only money. May as well spend it here.

Buy beta.

Please Do Not PM me if you have no sense of humour as to what i say on forums.
Last edited by Stretch163 on Oct 20, 2012, 7:22:49 AM
"
RandallPOE wrote:

That's what everyone who doesn't win is doing.
Visit the Path of Exile Wiki at http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/
Actually as I've said in chat before, the system should be either desired incentives or zero incentives. Either way I'd race. But mediocre/moderate/lackluster incentives just muddies the water.

91 orbs (and actually I forgot chisels so it was like 95ish?) and 0 exalt, 0 gcp, 1 chaos, is like going to the strip club. Seemed like a good idea before you left the house but....Prob should have hired a hooker or just stayed home.

I didn't say "Chris, eff this game I quit I got crap" I said the system needs tweaking.

Reading comprehension!

Boom
Last edited by boomjoose on Oct 20, 2012, 9:44:21 AM
Since the rewards end up in the HC or Default leagues having higher drop rates for contests that only some can participate in give an unfair advantage.

Fight censorship
https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/
In which case they could eliminate all currency rewards and just have showoffs like demis. I'd still race then, knowing ahead of time what I was getting into. I'm just saying the current reward system is silly. Improve or remove.
First I'll say this: Random is Random. When dealing with rewards with such low odds, you can hardly expect it to pay out to your liking every time. I got about half the orbs you did and seems like I came out ahead.

Having said that, I'll give my thoughts on the issue.

The whole point of the race is to encourage competition, whether it be for highest level, or first to complete objectives. The rewards should reflect this.

At this time there are mainly two playstyles for racers:
  • Everyone skips side objectives to rush for high levels
  • Farm up multiple low levels for large amounts of orbs

I suggest that the rewards pool be split into two tiers. The first tier would be applied to the level based orbs with the rates as they are now. The second tier would apply to quest firsts and top of class rewards, and would give only mid-high tier orbs with slightly more favorable rates.

This would solve quite a few of the issues we are currently encountering. Providing increased incentives for active competition and discouraging the farming of low leveled characters for easy rewards.

While it would increase the amount of higher level orbs in the economy, it would only apply to a set number of rolls which can easily be controlled.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info