Another Memory Leak?

I came back from a break yesterday and downloaded the latest patch, and now I get FPS spikes (1-10 second freezes) after playing for half an hour or so, mostly resulting with death or disconnect.

CPU usage goes from 80-99% even in the main menu (perhaps normal) but I also noticed that since the last disconnect, memory usage gradually went from 1.8 gb to nearly 2 gb while idling in main menu for about 3-4 minutes and that CAN'T be right.

I'd like to know if other people have this problem and if its tied to the latest patch, also please tell me what other steps I can take to assist you in identifying this problem as the game is unplayable for longer periods in this state, for me.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
2 gb ram usage is normal, almost all the data for areas are put into the ram you hop between new area and it'll go up quicker.chat and the items linked would slowly build it up as well not to mention the amount of players and their gear/pets/effects

They did actually reduce the file size of what was being put into the ram a few patches back and that shaved 2 gig off the game ggpk.

if you are worried about the amount of ram it's using you could add a command line to the game exe.

-gc 2 would reduce the amount stored in ram

Right click the exe and select properties and in the field named target you'll want

"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile\Client.exe" -gc 2

Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Well, thanks, I'll try that. As I said, memory usage went up to 2 GB while idling in the main menu, nothing to do with stuff on screen. I'm pretty sure it wasn't intending to stop there, either, which I will test next and post a screenshot.
Last edited by Dimebog on Oct 16, 2013, 11:37:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info