Streaming my game programming?

Hey, I am working on a C&C (Command and Conquer) Turn Based 2D Top down RPG done in the prorgamming language, Java, (The same platform as Minecraft).

"
The end result of the game will be;

Players will start in an area to get to the end and into the next area.

In order to go from area to area, they must collect the resources around them, and defeat any hostile forces around them which guard the exits.

Units gain experience as they complete activities, and the player can add skill points into specific stats and masteries affecting a single unit, or whole group.

I will try to stick with a theme, maybe balance, maybe trade-off decisions, I'm unsure about that, but I like my idea, and I can handle the task of making it work.

Graphics will be simple, I'm making them, but my code isn't geared toward rendering that much. I will only be able to make graphics well enough that the player understands what it is, and it doesn't get in the way of the game.

My code will allow modifications toward making a more advanced rendering system, perhaps porting the game over to LWJGL or SLICK2D, which is the same thing. (Don't quote me on that, I'm aware it's not. It is.)

If you would like to see my progress, go ahead and follow my Stream on twitch. I stream almost every night (I've only skipped 1 night since I started.)

My Twitch is http://www.twitch.tv/epicmice, be sure to follow.

"
If anyone would like to contribute their time towards the game when the time comes: Sound, Images, missions, plot, etc just ask.

If anyone would like to work with me on this project, just pm me here or on twitch. I'd be happy to consider some capable of helping out if they wish!

To do list.
Spoiler

1-Make working interface (Almost far enough to finish
up later and move through the next steps.)

2-Make Unit selector and the Stats in code as well

3-Make Map selector

4-Make Tile Areas/Game Areas

5-Make player essentials. (Camera, navigation, etc)

6-Make player masteries/skills.

7-Make player masteries/skill selector

8-Make entities

9-Make interact*ble map/tile selector, player menu.

10-Make Game Areas actually playable for a player.

11-Make AI like Skynet would.

13-Make quest npc's.

14-Make Merchants

15-Make Game Interfaces

17-Make RNG for rewards/xp/monster spawns/item spawns.

18-Make global option variable menu (Settings/options menu)

19-Finalize and fix interfaces within/outside of the game.

"20-Sell the game to blizzard for lols."

[Genres acceptable are: Fast Action|RTS|TurnBased|RPG|PUZZLE|ARCADE]

or any others along those lines.
Last edited by micecd on Oct 25, 2013, 12:36:56 AM
b

I have a game Idea in mind, so if nobody posts, I will be going with my idea tomorrow.
K.

Turn based Rpg.

Medieval, Space, Underground...

Stream is up.

Last edited by micecd on Oct 14, 2013, 3:45:36 PM
Dystopian APRG 75 years after the Electronic shutdown, characters bassed on real group of people, like Heavy Metal, Punk, Normal Person, etc, and then based on profesions that are made after the shutdown, like Steampunk Engineer, Herb Medical Guru, Militar, Inventor, Chemist, Lonely Survival Guy, etc.

Some kind of "Zelda" + "Mad Max" + "FallOut" + "Real Life"...

:P
Indestructible, determination that is incorruptible
From the other side, a terror to behold
Annihilation will be unavoidable, every broken enemy will know
That their opponent had to be invincible, take a last look around while you're alive
I'm an indestructible master of war
K, will add that in.

The game so far will be a Turn Base RPG with instances and classes as suggested.

Stream is up, but the Game part of the game won't be worked on until I get the frame work around it setup. I will start on the core of the game in a few hours after I get a canvas to code over.

feel free to watch; http://www.twitch.tv/epicmice

I won't be taking in all ideas though, as some may be too in depth for me to spend time on.

Last edited by micecd on Oct 14, 2013, 4:05:40 PM
Right now I'm at work in 40 minutes I go to my home so I will check your stream then since I dont have access to twitch from here.

Regards!
Indestructible, determination that is incorruptible
From the other side, a terror to behold
Annihilation will be unavoidable, every broken enemy will know
That their opponent had to be invincible, take a last look around while you're alive
I'm an indestructible master of war
Path of exile trading card game?
"

this seems like a good idea.
Working on the Game User Interface editor.
Just debugging any issues I come across.
"
"

this seems like a good idea.

Someone made a thread "GGG=TGG" and i immediately though TCG, and if done right i would certainly enjoy a poe tcg

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info