Map\Zoom hacking in Path of Exile racing.

You mean that blonde Osama living in Texas?
"
SlixSC wrote:
Wasn't there a guy using auto-potting on stream that didn't get banned?

Do I have to get in on this boys??

And this ->

http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/2frrnh/crossleague_trading_admitted_during_helman_stream/

I can confirm cheating is OK guys.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
Hilbert wrote:
Oh don't worry they gonna ban 2-3 dumb streamers(one on garena), streaming with cheats active. Strawman argument "We are doing something"

But only if the streamer didn't do any PRjobs for GGG or bought much valued support packs.

Botters talking their way out and cheaters caught cheating getting warned because they buy grandmaster packs just disgusting.

Cash Rules Everything Around Me
[quote="Hilbert"]
CT should be around the art of PKing and not griefing lower levels.
[/quote]
http://www.twitch.tv/zoroxo123
Devs are busy counting money. Wouldn't wonder if under all advertisement nepotism there is a cheatdev gamedev relationship too.

Gameintegrity of PoE is nothing but a big joke.

Some people can't RMT/cheat more obvious. But yeah email support@ggg so they can tell those people to cheat/RMT less obvious.

"
SlixSC wrote:
Wasn't there a guy using auto-potting on stream that didn't get banned?

Do I have to get in on this boys??

warning warning warning
Reading through this thread again, honestly makes me as sad as I've ever been in regards to Path of Exile.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
"
Morsexier wrote:
Reading through this thread again, honestly makes me as sad as I've ever been in regards to Path of Exile.
My real account is on probation for spreading the truth, but im with you
You know I thought about this alot recently and there are a few things I want to say about cheating and gaming in general.

Even though I hate Microsoft as a company I do actually support their totalitarian approach to console design. I remember back in the old X1 days cheaters were absolutely everywhere, you couldn't play an online game without getting cheated.

So with the newer generations they effectively made their consoles unmoddable and established XBL as this sort of closed system that is effectively shielded from negative outside influences.

Now, while at the time this move was viewed by most gamers as oppressive and restrictive I think it was absolutely necessary. Microsoft effectively got rid of cheaters entirely.

This also feeds into my skepticism of individual liberty and slight drift towards authoritarianism in the last few years, I think if you give individuals too much freedom a good percentage of individuals will inevitably do stupid shit and do everything possible in order to ruin things for everyone else (this is really cheating in a nutshell, personal gain at the expense of everyone else, greed).

I mean you can even see this in the type of language libertards started using over the past few years. "Greed" is now called "rational self-interest". It's almost funny in a perverse sense. But I digress.

My point is this, I'm at a point where I would actually support a special client for racing that would scan your computer for external programs (similar to wire in ESL, or VAC), purely for the purpose of racing. You don't want to race and dick around in standard? Use the default client.

But if you want to compete with others in a fair environment you should be forced to use the special client.

Of course alot of programing would have to go into this, but ultimately if it was a way to get rid of cheaters I would be in total support of it.

I know most people will probably disagree with this extreme approach, but it is seemingly the only way to combat cheaters. If people cannot deal with self-responsibility my solution is to take it away from them.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Last edited by SlixSC on Oct 6, 2014, 7:42:59 PM
"
SlixSC wrote:
I think if you give individuals too much freedom a good percentage of individuals will inevitably do stupid shit

Nice try NSA
[quote="Hilbert"]
CT should be around the art of PKing and not griefing lower levels.
[/quote]
http://www.twitch.tv/zoroxo123
Is it too much to ask for the devs (Or support or whomever deals with anti-cheat) to just google "poe hacks/cheats/mods/exploits/etc etc" and start developing systematic anti-cheating policies/code? Season 9 would be my first race if I didn't feel that there are overwhelming odds against me here, fingers crossed for season 10 maybe?

Side note: I'm no coder/developer of any kind so I can't say how difficult or easy it would be to implement anti-cheat but even a failed effort would at least show that an effort was made.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info