book suggestions?

Maybe some literary fiction or non-fiction.
Want to Fix the Economy, Bad Loot, Trade and Legacy PvP? pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/548056
Open Letter to Qarl on Crafting Value pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/805434
Biggest Problem with Mapping: Inconsistent Risk to Reward pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/612507
Last edited by Veta321 on Oct 13, 2013, 1:34:37 AM
For political readings, I highly recommend All the Trouble in the World by P.J. O'Rourke. His Give War a Chance is good too. On the opposite end of the spectrum is Al Francklin's books. Also well put together.

Lighter reading, I really enjoyed most of Douglas Adams stuff and Scott Adams is pretty funny too. (Try Dilbert and the Way of the Weasel. Or maybe the Joy of Work.)

Its dated, but the Hunt for Red October is still a spell binding read.

I use to read Martha Grime's Richard Jury series, but it got stale after awhile. Still the first in the series is entertaining. The Man with a load of Mischief.

Just plain out there, The Cosmic Baniditos. (great drug story)

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. Classic!

just plain stupid fun, Bill the Galactic Hero.

Any of the Tempe Brennan Novels from Kathy Reichs and American Psycho.
All the Trouble in the World seems just like what I need. It's important to educate yourself on matters of global import, especially with viewpoints different than your own.

I may pick up another book anyhow in case I lose interest. Fear and Loathing was a great movie and I've heard good things about the book. Thanks for the suggestions.
Want to Fix the Economy, Bad Loot, Trade and Legacy PvP? pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/548056
Open Letter to Qarl on Crafting Value pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/805434
Biggest Problem with Mapping: Inconsistent Risk to Reward pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/612507
Last edited by Veta321 on Oct 13, 2013, 3:39:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info