The Sky Is Falling: A List.

"
rogueyoshi wrote:
I was fucking wrong.
I will never ever have any doubts about GGG.
Thanks for the funny/cool/awesome list of things that brought up some enraging memories about nerfs/buffs etc.
Cheers!

Seems maybe you can relate to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AybvLztacFM

If that's all there is to PoE, then obviously... keep dancing. CHEERS!
The "people pretending to have instance disconnects while trading" is actually legit. They aren't pretending.
Happens to me frequently, and I have discussed the matter with devs.
It's mostly localised to Aus gateway as far as I'm aware, and only happens when trying to join an instance (a1n) when a party member is already there. It happens at certain times, not always. Like, I'll have a problem with it for a few hours, getting DC'd every time, then the next day it's fine.
Now, I always ctrl+c a players name when instigating a trade with them, so I can find them again once I reconnect.

Super Wilson Bros made me lol. Does anyone even D3 anymore? (I never played it, all reviews/opinions said it was pure trash)

Many lewt.
Much desync.
Such rewarding.
Wow.
According to forum mods "sandwich" is considered an offensive word. Who knew?
RMT bads inflating economy
RMT bads making economy flourish
economy being nonexistant
economy existing
edit doesnt bump, but touching it in bad places does.
HAIL SATAN!
If anyone can give me linkable dates to the various hilarious, that would be nice, we might as well see how it bulges and squirts over time.

Please no dates without a proper forum link.
HAIL SATAN!
"
tramshed wrote:
If anyone can give me linkable dates to the various hilarious, that would be nice, we might as well see how it bulges and squirts over time.

One quite big distinction you're not really addressing with this thread is the difference between topic gravity.

After a patch you often get loads of threads about what's changed. It'll only take two or three people to make a big thread or two.

Sometimes people post ideas as one-offs, that also get good threadage for a day or two, maybe an odd off-shoot thread.

Sometimes it's just one guy shooting from left-field and no-one notices much about it.

But then, sometimes, like with Allocated Loot, it's a persistent elephant in the room. And, once changed, doesn't really effect anyone negatively at all. Because it wasn't about 'the sky is falling', it was just about increasing the options to permit more varied playstyles.

It's the 'more options' topics which are different to general 'broken' topics.
"
Nightmare90 wrote:
PvP is gonna be too cut-throat
PvP is gonna be too casual

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/681047

"
Nightmare90 wrote:
[Removed by admin]

MTX prices are too high

Edit:
Okay, now with less offense:
Support censors too much
GGG is killing critics

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/706667
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/667888

These topics were discussed before but I won't bookmark that shit. :P
"
cronk wrote:
"
tramshed wrote:

One quite big distinction you're not really addressing with this thread is the difference between topic gravity.

After a patch you often get loads of threads about what's changed. It'll only take two or three people to make a big thread or two.

Sometimes people post ideas as one-offs, that also get good threadage for a day or two, maybe an odd off-shoot thread.

Sometimes it's just one guy shooting from left-field and no-one notices much about it.

But then, sometimes, like with Allocated Loot, it's a persistent elephant in the room. And, once changed, doesn't really effect anyone negatively at all. Because it wasn't about 'the sky is falling', it was just about increasing the options to permit more varied playstyles.

It's the 'more options' topics which are different to general 'broken' topics.

I sense a distinct lack of Gravitas.

Also, a thread or two isnt good enough to make it on this list. It needs to falling sky level of GAME OVER MAN.

None of that had anything to do with this btw. You cant allocate loot to make believe.

Let me reserve this for my imaginary homies.

BTW, link the line you are giving em a date for, its way to hard to find it myself when im all shitfaced.
HAIL SATAN!
Last edited by tramshed on Dec 18, 2013, 6:55:27 AM
My most fondly remembered "game is dead for ever" reaction was in response to this patch note in 0.9.3:

Changed the gem-support system so that only Support Gems in the same physical group as a Skill Gem connect to it. If you have two groups with the same skill, you get two bindable skills. This is done so that supports can be made more impactful and so that players can have multiple variations of the same skill in their build.

The change was so fundamental to how the game works, I imagine if you didn't play back then, you probably would have difficulty working out what the system was before the change.

First
Dear GGG, please make Mac version

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info