Why are all game interviewers wimpy?

"
nzrock wrote:
"
Hulkcore wrote:
"
nzrock wrote:
What Jaucub said is quite true...
I think one of the primary examples would be GameTrailers.

Evidence or gtfo.

Rather then sitting around on your bum, go and check out/frequent review sites & blogs more often.
And if you seriously don't know about GameTrailers, then your the one who doesn't know what your talking about.
There are a lot of evidences out there, granted a lot of them aren't that easy to find and require some digging.
I don't really feel like going into a in-depth debate about this today, so meh w/e.

That's not how it works, you made the claim (or agreed to it), and the burden of proof is on you.

The bolded is how I kow you're full of shit. It's the same line that every conspiracy nut, Bigfoot believer, and ancient alien moron uses when they don't have anything to back up their claims. I'm not even saying that you're wrong, I'm saying that you've given me no reason to believe you're not just talking out your ass. Until then, I'm going to assume you are.
IGN EntropicThunder
My god, in this day and age where one can Google anything, you still want to sit there and let others do the work for you? If I were you, I would rather try and find some answers by myself, instead of being obnoxious and think everyone else is talking crap.

Just seriously go to sites like GameTrailers, Kotaku, or any random MMO review sites where they have paid advertisement on games, as their backgrounds or random Ads and articles. Go look up youtube videos of journalist [being paid to] unbox stuff that AAA game studio sent them, which most of the time felt worthless and unneeded? Also it's weird that unboxing videos are less and less common, maybe cause they're not being paid off to do them anymore...

And read, watch and listen to LOTS of reviews, news articles and followed by reading user comments on them, then you'll notice sometimes there's something wrong with this industry.
Funny enough, sometimes it's the Podcasts from these review site/blog that has the true feeling of the journalist in them, eg. "Oh that game actually wasn't that great", blah blah blah.
Oh, and also watch Youtuber journalist reviews, like TB and AngryJoe. Despite their personality and their haters, they've time and time again proven they know what they're talking about(and can prove big review sites were paid off).

The reason I said there are a lot of evidence, and will require some digging, is cause if you haven't noticed, there are shit tons of stuff out there on the Internet. And something like this is still not common enough to be super easily searched without someone putting together a compilation or they just happen to remember seeing something about it, or they frequent those places enough to know how the site & it's staff works.
Being paid off, backroom negotiations, underhanded tactics, are something that is very real in this world and not just limited to video games companies. Well no matter what it is, people will want to hide those kind of shady deal, which again is why I said things can be a bit hard to find(most of the time you'll have to read between the lines).
But there is however some easier to find videos that talks about this subject. Stuff like how Metacritic is retarded etc.

I don't know anything about you, but judging by your weak reactions of telling people to GTFO, without even giving it a thought, I would sadly have to assume that you still lack experience in this field or that you ain't as big of a gamer as I thought. I hope you don't take it too personally.

I guess the bottom line is that, you'll showing too much denial, when it comes to the subject of reviews being paid off and rejecting it like if it doesn't happen at all. Which I've already been stating that it's not true.

PS. Just so you know, I like-mindedly agreed with everything you said in your first few posts in this thread, up till you started pulling out the ol' GTFO phrase.

PSS. I sort of have some more stuff I can talk about regarding youtube reviewers and how they have effected big gaming new site's reviews, but maybe I'll save that for another day...
Sweeping Maid
Last edited by nzrock on Oct 14, 2013, 8:50:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info