Xbox servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Why are all game interviewers wimpy?

"
Jesus almighty indeed.

* The media blitz is to advertise the game. With people who aren't playing it. You want them to not advertise, and not make money, and not continue to keep the game a living growing entity?

* The "interviewers" are not omnipotent. They are not intimately familiar with every single game made by man. They do not know how much Exp a Metal Slime in Dragon Quest 1 gives, or how many Blessed Kumquats you need to assemble a Delicious Pie in Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

Short of the stats on every single new passive in the tree and the final boss fight, what else do they have to show us? Short of "New acts about once a year, and some magic find tweaks if possible" what else do they have to tell us? Do you want to hear their ten year plan? Then sit around for ten years and be bored from having nothing to dream about as they check off boxes in the content queue?

I see your point. If I look at the PoE 1.0 interviews from the perspective of an arpg player who has never played PoE and is wanting to know if it is interesting and worth playing, then the current interviews are sufficient for a non-PoE player to decide to play it or not.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Arrowneous wrote:

So now the interviewers for PoE 1.0 are failing to ask the important questions:

When will the crafting system be overhauled and a less random luck RNG crafting system be employed?
Why is item progression not keeping pace with player leveling?
GGG, the core engine (server/client communication) is flawed and so desync can never be reduced?
Why are the solo players getting left out of the full experience?

I guess the interviewers just don't have the time to do right because they only have a few dozen hours to play a game and then post their review, then move on to the next game. I thought we we being treated better by GGG, and to a large extent I think it is true. But so far I haven't seen much real solid info that we can salivate over and the "I can't wait for PoE 1.0" excitement just isn't there.

I can just give you the answers to these questions if you want. They aren't difficult and have already been answered.

1. The crafting system will never undergo a complete overhaul. Fusings are being looked at currently. But the system is the system and while it may be tweaked, there are no plans to completely overhaul it.
2. Item progression currently ends at level 77. It will continue to progress with further expansions and acts. If you're really asking why, then I suppose that's all the content they could provide so far.
3. Desync has been reduced many times since closed beta. What it cannot be is completely solved. GGG is constantly working to improve it.
4. As a solo player I am not locked out of the full experience.

So no need to do the interview. GGG has already answered these "tough" questions on these forums...
In my opinion the crafting system is fine this is meant to be a hard arpg and they want to exemplify the feeling of despair and hardly getting by (just look at things like decent league) as well as item progression I'm a pretty casual player and managed to get into higher level maps with fairly low grade gear and not playing as well as I could have (this was even before the alch nerfs ect.).
The desynch I agree with but they've said multiple times that to majorly change things they will be forced to make compromises they do not feel comfortable with (although desynch has only really bothered me with some builds.)
I've played pretty much the whole game by myself I don't understand your last point at all. That's a very personally view if you think that way.
Actually Chris talked about many of those topics on verious places, e.g. Reddit and the Raptr Q&A.
Hardcore Theorycrafter
Do you not know how game reviewers make money OP?

Protip: its not from legitimate ads on their site

Blizzard/Activision/EA/etc... sends them a whole bunch of free shit, and then they buy addspace on their website for 10-100x what it should cost (bribe) for a good review that ignores as much as the negative aspects as possible, while playing on the few good things about it.

which spawns scores like these... "9/10 its OK"

Its funny, alot of the negative Diablo 3 reviews are because of connectivity issues, DRM, repetitive play, and the lack of versatility when it comes to itemization and gear (in regards to having to play certain builds because you couldn't survive any other way). Theses are the same issues that plague Path of Exile and if you remember Path of Exile servers also melted on beta release day but no one complained. I think alot of the reviewers just gave up after the release of Diablo 3 and have seriously relaxed attitudes and small expectations when it comes to hack and slash gaming. If it werent for Diablo 3 I could see alot of the same complaints being made about Path of Exile, but lucky enough like following a speeding car whoever gets caught first gets the ticket.
"
JaycubMiller wrote:
Do you not know how game reviewers make money OP?

Protip: its not from legitimate ads on their site

Blizzard/Activision/EA/etc... sends them a whole bunch of free shit, and then they buy addspace on their website for 10-100x what it should cost (bribe) for a good review that ignores as much as the negative aspects as possible, while playing on the few good things about it.

which spawns scores like these... "9/10 its OK"

Evidence or gtfo.
IGN EntropicThunder
What Jaucub said is quite true...
I think one of the primary examples would be GameTrailers.
Sweeping Maid
Last edited by nzrock on Oct 10, 2013, 11:44:44 PM
"
Arrowneous wrote:
How come the arpg game interviewers give companies high praise and not ask any of the tough questions.

Probably because a reviewer/interviewer doesn't have the time to invest in PoE that would even let them get past Cruel, let alone into the maps, where lots of the problems come to a head.

Plus, a generic article on a generic 'games' site isn't going to get into the nitty-gritty of a single game's mechanics.

What use is an in depth conversation about the amount of fusings it takes to 6 link to someone who never played the game?
"
nzrock wrote:
What Jaucub said is quite true...
I think one of the primary examples would be GameTrailers.

Evidence or gtfo.
IGN EntropicThunder

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info