What is the Best Unique In Your Opinion

Probably this one because I have no idea how it could be useful in endgame

Also if we had another unique that didn't allow chaos damage to bypass energy shield then shavs wouldn't be the only option of survival for low life builds
TL;DR: Infractem for being an endless well of creativity, Pillar of the Caged God for being underestimated, and Blackheart because I have like three billion of them.

Well, I've got a few favorites of sorts; I'll give the top 3 and then honorable mentions just because I love me some walls of text.

First and foremost, Infractem. Now I know what you're thinking, "Has Theros finally gone completely mad? Infractem's a pile of garbage! NOBODY like finding one!" And that's exactly why it's my favorite. Because its existence with a unique mechanic that's fairly underused is a challenge to people, a challenge to find a use for it. And I don't know about you guys, but I've had a lot of fun in this game just testing ideas that started with "how could I POSSIBLY make Infractem useful?" and evolved past that into a completely silly build that almost works.

Second, Pillar of the Caged God. Again, a lot of people think it's utter tripe, but it's great even if you're just using it on a build with an AoE main spell - granted, you have to stack a little bit more into damage to compensate for the lack of damage mods, but the end result is that, presuming you get decent INT on your gear, you've basically got an Increased Area of Effect gem that stacks with your Increased Area of Effect gem. I did a little bit of testing with it on my Discharger, and I'm slowly leveling a witch that will specifically make use of this combined with Freeze Mine (or Ice Spear, I've yet to decide. Maybe even both because I'm EEEEVIL like that.) in order to cryogenically preserve an entire screen's worth of enemies. It'll be completely useless in parties since party enemies get a big boost to HP which shortens the length I can keep the buggers frozen, but I think it'll be worth it. Plus the two mods that hide its true potential keep it really, really cheap. :P

Third, Blackheart. No, I'm not just saying this because I have nine of them, two of which are perfect. Okay, maybe I am just saying it because of that, but there's only one unique that's more useful for powering through low levels, and that's Facebreaker which I've yet to actually use to its full potential for varying reasons.

Honorable mentions go out to Signet of Perandus for flooding my stash with wisdom scrolls, Soul Taker for being expensive and netting me 35 exalts when I managed to chance one, Eye of Chayula for keeping half of my characters afloat, and the bunch of MF uniques I have lying around for flooding my stash with the rest of this nonsense.
Last edited by TherosPherae on Oct 7, 2013, 12:34:48 AM
"
JeIlySickLe wrote:
"
I play a marader without soultaker and I can honestly say i have never even encountered that problem.

problem? its more of a luxury been able to drop blood magic gem

I dont use blood magic and I run 4 auras and my attack skills off of mana. Reduced mana reserved and mana leech bro.

I just really love this wand. It has a real drawback (you have to jump through hoops to get Power Charges. and it sucks when you run out), but it's AMAZING once you do.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590

I've always been partial to this one.

In addition to the unique properties of Mana gain on hit and reduced effect of curses, as far as I'm aware, still the only non-weapon Unique item that grants Life gain on hit (and in abundance!). All properties that are well suited to the way I enjoy playing this game. Of course, the ring has some pretty debilitating downsides, but that adds to the intrigue.
IGN: BigFerrousMetal
Last edited by Directrix on Oct 7, 2013, 12:43:17 AM

I'm quite fond of this one.

Best belt ever.
IGN DanteAllighari - Standard
ArcTesla - Domination
DanteAlighari - Domination
"

Godmode.

+1. People who think Shav is OP have never gotten a chance to use one. True God Mode.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
"

Kinda vague. We talking graphics or functionality?

If graphics, then that's a whole other kettle of eaglefish.

But going by the OP, we're discussing functionality, in which case Soul Taker is...disappointing and several devs know it.

Eaglefish FTW!!!

Edit: Speaking of Eaglefish, new Unique Idea!!!

Eaglefish's Fin
Eagle Claw

Required Level: 55
Required Dex: 97
Required Int: 97
Physical Damage: 43-138
Elemental Damage: 10-40 (Cold Damage)
Crit Chance: 6.5%
Attack Speed: 1.35

6% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched back as Life

Melee attacks are supported by level 18 Melee Splash
Adds 10-40 Cold Damage
(6-10)% of Physical Damage is leeched back as Mana
You take 15% of maximum life per second as chaos damage when not moving
(100-200%) Increased Physical and Elemental Damage after moving for 10 seconds or more
30% Chance to avoid Projectile Attacks
(10-20)% More Chance to Freeze Enemies on hit
Cannot Dual Wield
-----------------------

Always moving, escape your fate,
from predators that lie in wait.
Strike with certainty, from sea to sky,
Beware my enemeis, of scales that fly!

Hey! Anyone have around $1400 they could loan me? ;)
Exile

"Bullshit, you get the game for free."
-Qarl

Yum

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info