Tips for running endgame (74+) maps with 2H Melee?

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecCcQSzBS0OrRLhE1sUIBRNGNsZLho4IQIhVSFgJ-0otSmlKvYt0jIJMok26DkOOlI62DwFQKBDnEd-UEdQUFRJVdZWBFcNV-JYY1nzXz9gS2CIYSFhUmTnZU1qHnKpdO108Xbneu97jHzZgziE2YZgh2qMz5BVkGyRzpkrnrmezZ8-n8uf36IAouqnMKeEqBipaKmUq8Wsqrndu-29gcAaxPbG2NIh2WHnUuw47w7vTu988i_z3fZI974=

That's the build I'm going towards, almost done but I'm still using the blood magic keystone and only running grace aura due to gear.

My strategy has been to basically use the ground slam build to support 2h ground slam and 2h infernal splash.

Infernal Blow with splash, multistrike, and life leech does extremely well and I've got 7 endurance charges and IR Grace with Molten Shell as my defensive measures.

Anything that is too dangerous to infernal blow, ground slam or leap slam as appropriate.

For curses I only use Vulnerability, I've found it more useful in groups and solo than warlord's mark.

Haven't gotten into maps yet but it's holding up just fine in act 3 merciless and my gear is very lacking (2 4links, nothing else above 3 link).

While I haven't gotten into heavy mapping yet personally I think this will hold up as well as any 2h build can. As was said above ground slam and or infernal blow builds are the only 2h you tend to see in endgame.
IAS means increased attack speed - and blenders are cleavers, usually using a BoR for an effective 7linked cleave. x2P is most known for it.

There's been quite a lot of talk about it indiscussions, and in my most honest opinion: Wait.

A LOT is going to change in 1.0, and I think some of the trigger gems are definatly going to get things going. It seems that hybrid classes are gona be hugggee in the new patch.

Flexibility is going to be redefined.
@Evantis:
"
Evantis wrote:

No, you will still be needed to kill mobs, as the converted ones die in about 30 seconds after dominating. So you will be main killing power, they will just help (with Multistrike and Melee splash, which they get also, they do it quite well).

Excellent. Thanks for the advice -- it's invaluable, especially since you've "been there, done that" already.

What about decoy totems -- could that be a substitute, or is it just not possible for them to hold up long enough at high levels?

@Shunyata000:
"
Shunyata000 wrote:
For curses I only use Vulnerability, I've found it more useful in groups and solo than warlord's mark.

Why's that? Of course, my build is largely based around Life Leech and Vaal Pact, so it might be different for me.

Do you plan to spec out of IR?

@Hailstryder:
"
Hailstryder wrote:
IAS means increased attack speed - and blenders are cleavers, usually using a BoR for an effective 7linked cleave. x2P is most known for it.

Thanks; this is interesting, because attack speed and Cleave (or Sweep, still deciding) are two cornerstones of the build I'm trying (a slightly older version linked above). Is BoR required, though? I'm sure it helps quite a bit, considering its bonuses, but I would hope it's not absolutely necessary -- a good 6L chest piece or weapon could work, maybe?

(Your advice re: waiting is sound, but I'm just too impatient... :D)
Last edited by Haklangr on Oct 9, 2013, 7:44:07 PM
"
Draizor wrote:
Try search for ifartthunder aka eightkilo's 2h lightning strike build, hes running the same build as me, except that im duelist, we have been doing all the endgame there is in this game in hc.

Cool, looking at that build made me feel like I'm on the right track, I just need to upgrade my gear.
"
Hailstryder wrote:
As a 2h-er I feel very gimped compared to most blenders though :|
Whats your DPS like at the moment, unbuffed, with glacial+splash links?

I think with Hatred up, it was just under 8k. Goes up noticeably when Blood Rage and Onslaught kick in. Running GH-Multi-Splash-Phys-BM (5L). It feels like damage is not an issue though, the culling on frozen enemies is very effective. If I level the gems and get some quality, it would be even better. My main issue was spike damage from extra projectile chaos enemies or large melee hits from bosses when I get caught with end charges down. I feel like the new trigger gems are likely to help with this a lot, so I am highly anticipating 1.0.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info