Three patches, quality and skill buffs, large chests, new race league prizes and hardcore event

The 0.9.12u patch will hopefully be deployed tonight, fixing two issues that we introduced in 0.9.12t. We're sorry for those small problems getting through our quality assurance process and will make sure to test future Beta patches more carefully before deploying them.

Many players noticed that we removed the special large chest from the Flooded Depths in 0.9.12qq. This was removed because it was right next to the boss and we forgot to remove it when we removed the other boss chests in the patch that improved boss drops. Large chests are very fun, though, so we're intending to add more to the game (probably in 0.9.13) so that players encounter them more often while playing. I can't reveal where they'll be yet, but there's a random element to it.

We've changed the prize structure for the three-hour league events that we run on the weekend. We used to give out currency items randomly but with equal weighting. This used to inject disproportionate amounts of the higher currency (like Gemcutter's Prisms or Exalted Orbs) into the economy, drowning out the actual drop rates that the game uses. We have now expanded the list of currency items that are awarded, changed their weighting to be more similar to the in-game drop rates (albiet still quite generous - you'll get Exalted Orbs every now and then if you do enough races), and have tripled the number of currency items you receive at different prize points.

We're running a three-hour hardcore (partying allowed) non-turbo race this weekend as usual. It has the new prizes in effect. I hope to see you there!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Oct 31, 2012, 5:39:36 AM
I completely missed the patch notes where quality on supports was improved. Cool.
Available to mediate cross-league trades and mirror services. Send me a PM here or in-game.
IGN: SpudOfDoom | The Exiled - Path Of Exile's oldest clan
More large chests. My QQ is turning into tears of joy.
Both the large chest and quality "nerfs" were prerequisites for fixing those systems up in ways that give more of these to players than they had before.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
I've been taking a break from PoE to play Torchlight 2. All these changes have me itching to start a new character and get back to testing. Love you guys.
Chris, do you have any tentative date when you MIGHT expect to implement 0.9.13 patch? Just curious to know. ;)
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Oct 11, 2012, 1:17:42 AM
Any chance of making quality on auras worth something besides stacking them to 40% for a gcp?
Um... I'm not seeing the large chests?

I zoomed in real close to my witch and everything.
"
japa wrote:
Um... I'm not seeing the large chests?

I zoomed in real close to my witch and everything.

Yeah, it's a a fairly small chest alright, but even small chests can offer fun rewards.
Looks like someone missed their weekly meeting of Douchebag's Anonymous.

I wander if we'll go beyond 0.9.12Z

o:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info