Could You Tell Me If Rebuke of Vaal is Any Good

Double Strike + Prismatic Eclipse/DreamFeather/(Redbeak+Bloodrage) anybody? The redbeak one is probably silly, but how about the others?
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1394759 - Suggestion for beginner tutorial.
ya its a terrible sword sadly. People quoting its dps etc, its meaningless. Its split between chaos, elemental and physical. The chaos is a complete no starter, you are not scaling a 30 chaos dps sword up to map clearing chaos damage. If you are scaling phys or ele its not good for either, even a distinctly average rare weapon is going to end up with more final skill dps because they will either be a fast ele sword or a multi prefix phys sword, and rebuke is neither of those things.
I respeced a character to use Rebuke of the Vaal after 1.2 just to see whether it would work; used spectral throw and a shield, damage scaled with projectile nodes and crit to cause shocks, freezes and ignites all at once. Was great fun but single target damage was low, but molten strike would fix that.

Links were something like: ST - LMP - LGoH - Crit Chance - Added Chaos, had around 3k tooltip on ST with just a 5L at level 67 with a non-optimised tree and wrong bandit choices and was breezing through early maps.

example 100 point tree
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBAdEDHgW1BiAGIwaiFSAWvxfcHoEfQSP2JJ0k_SaVKgsqTSzpMHEwfDIJNZI2PTpCPydKfUrIS3hLjU2SUUdRTFHZVUtW-lh1YeJiWmKsZ6BsRmyMbWxuqm-ecFJybHSgdwd3131bfXV_K4MJhxOHdowLjDaNfY2_nKSdqqEiokCi2ac0qW6sR6_rsJKw2LTFtUi18rl8u-PAnMLsxKLKSsu9037UI9aK2L3dDd2o44TmgedU7LDuDu968-r0-PzF_rr_HP-T_94=

As you can see I respeced a shadow but you'd be better off starting as ranger and not taking those phys nodes at the beginning, maybe picking up some aura nodes too, not sure.

Edit: see snorkle above, I got around this limitation as projectile damage scaling and crit scaling are independent of damage type. I couldn't see any other way to appropriately scale the damage. This isn't as efficient as physical damage scaling but it's pretty cool for a weapon you can pick up for a few chaos.
[2.2] Varunastra/Prismatic Eclipse DW Beserker /forum/view-thread/1604711
[2.2] Drunken Wretch - (Gladiator with The Retch + Broken Faith) /forum/view-thread/1656234
Last edited by themoleium on Oct 25, 2014, 9:36:50 PM
"
elRon10 wrote:
I came here because the rebuke blade just dropped in beyond league and i wonder how people would use it. Surprisingly a general gameplay duscussion started about how much life a character would need to surrive the end game content. I know I'm late here (last post was a year ago) and patches changed a lot in the skilltree, nevertheless saying only 225% life from the skilltree is the only way of playing a character with this particular blade is (and was a year ago) complete nonsense.

In my point of view (I only play HC or the current beyond league) life is the savest way to keep ur character alive, but if you really wanna go for 225% you will have like NO damage and therefor you cant clear maps efficiently. As a matter of fact you will die, because you have nothing against every rare or unique mob which passes your way. So killing quickly also prevents damage because your enemy wont have time to deal damage to you.

A lot of builds work with even less then 150% life. I also could imagine a reave CI char using the vaal blade since u can have like 10k ES when life nodes would only get you to 5k life with the same amount of skillpoints used (ofc u will have no other form of mitigation).

About the blade: I agree that every higherlevel rare weapon will surpass the dps of the vaal blade, however on level 64 you can probably use it for around 5 levels to farm without having any better drops. Its not an endgame weapon, but its ok for farming. And it gives you the oportunity to play with Elemental equilibrium for example.

And somehow you wrote all that without even acknowledging the fact that in the previous passive tree there were more life nodes and average life % was much higher than the ~135% HC staple.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info