Could You Tell Me If Rebuke of Vaal is Any Good

"
Darkfyre wrote:
"
BearCares wrote:

I just got this, can you tell me whether it's any good. It does about 1/3 of the damage that my modestly equipped facebreaker does. I just realized that I have about 3 level 60 characters with full respects available and wanted to know if I should make an all out Rebuke of Vaal build or not.

I suppose it could be decent in an elemental cleave build.

Sadly it is not. Too weak, too slow too crappy. They should lower the required level from 64 to 44 and it would be at least a fair midgame weapon.

"Yes, it is perfectly fair. It just sucks ass."
posted by Thaelyn on 12. August 2013 17:33
"
timtwins wrote:
Anything under 225% life is unusable. EVEN with max block.

I'll admit that 100% is very low amount of +life%. But saying that you need +225% life to survive is ridiculous. With a good amount of life on gear and decent defense (evasion, armor, energy shield and/or block), you can do just fine with +130-140%, particularly if you are a range character. This will net you about 3000 life which is fine, really.

Shadow : Covenant Pulser (504561)
Ranger : 12 charges Frenzy Archer (65154), Dual Claws Elemental ST (709126)
Witch : Self-Cast Arc Tanky Witch (770185), AoF EK/Bear trap (863970)
Templar : Frenzy + AB/Fireball "Cast on Crit" Wander (611200)
Marauder : Death Oath Staff User (498864)
Last edited by Velkor on Oct 3, 2013, 10:52:59 AM
"
timtwins wrote:

Do you guys mean 225% from the passive skill tree or in total?

Edit:

Buffing the elemental damage on Rebuke of the Vaal might make it very popular, or adding other properties besides damage.
Last edited by Natharias on Oct 3, 2013, 11:08:02 PM
"
Natharias wrote:
"
timtwins wrote:

It's the same thing, basically. They mean 225% increased maximum life. It doesn't matter what the source is.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
It's the same thing, basically. They mean 225% increased maximum life. It doesn't matter what the source is.

Ah, thanks. I was beginning to worry the 194% I had in my current skill tree wasn't enough.

"How the [beep] am I supposed to get that much more!?" - Me five minutes ago. XD
225% is insane. You can get by with a lot less depending on build, Life mods of gears.
Last edited by WarlordClaw on Oct 4, 2013, 1:12:32 AM
"
Natharias wrote:
"
timtwins wrote:

Out of curiosity, where are you getting +% life bonuses from besides the skill tree? I thought gear could only roll +max life.
Rebuke is a 250-300 DPS 1h sword that can usually be bought for lower price than similar DPS rare 1-hands, so if your melee guy needs a decent DPS weapon and can't afford anything real strong - it's a decent end-game weapon.

Also - reflect of any kind will hurt you less since it's a mixed damage type weapon.
225%? RUSRS?

Yeah... That's just silly.

as is saying that 85% will only get you 2k health.

I have a marauder right now, at level 62, who is at 88% Health, and I'm over 2k HP, and I don't even have +Life on every piece yet on him.

So.... no, having 87% increased life from gear WILL give you more than 2k HP.

I'm only planning on getting to about 125% Increased Life on him, and at this point, I'm not worried one bit. Maybe 135% if I end up putting on the Meginord's I have in my stash.

Man, you people and you're wild and crazy pooh number flinging inaccuracies.
Last edited by shoju on Oct 4, 2013, 1:58:22 PM
I came here because the rebuke blade just dropped in beyond league and i wonder how people would use it. Surprisingly a general gameplay duscussion started about how much life a character would need to surrive the end game content. I know I'm late here (last post was a year ago) and patches changed a lot in the skilltree, nevertheless saying only 225% life from the skilltree is the only way of playing a character with this particular blade is (and was a year ago) complete nonsense.

In my point of view (I only play HC or the current beyond league) life is the savest way to keep ur character alive, but if you really wanna go for 225% you will have like NO damage and therefor you cant clear maps efficiently. As a matter of fact you will die, because you have nothing against every rare or unique mob which passes your way. So killing quickly also prevents damage because your enemy wont have time to deal damage to you.

A lot of builds work with even less then 150% life. I also could imagine a reave CI char using the vaal blade since u can have like 10k ES when life nodes would only get you to 5k life with the same amount of skillpoints used (ofc u will have no other form of mitigation).

About the blade: I agree that every higherlevel rare weapon will surpass the dps of the vaal blade, however on level 64 you can probably use it for around 5 levels to farm without having any better drops. Its not an endgame weapon, but its ok for farming. And it gives you the oportunity to play with Elemental equilibrium for example.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info