Killer Instinct 3

When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
im fucking sold.
'An open mind is like a Fortress with it's gates unbarred and unguarded'.
By the way, if watching the video you ever wonder, "Why didn't the guy keep doing his combo?"... the reason is that executing a Counter Breaker failed; when you use it and your opponent doesn't use a Combo Breaker, your punishment is that you just stand there instead of getting in more hits. You can normally tell that this happened if you look closely (Glacius Counter Breaker stance involves forming balls of ice over his fists, for example).
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
I've never played a Killer Instinct game, I've always preferred stuff like Blazblue and Guilty Gear so I had no clue what was going on with the Counter Breakers and Combo Breakers. Could someone please explain them to me? Are they anything like Break Bursts in Blazblue?
"
Blueclaw wrote:
I've never played a Killer Instinct game, I've always preferred stuff like Blazblue and Guilty Gear so I had no clue what was going on with the Counter Breakers and Combo Breakers. Could someone please explain them to me? Are they anything like Break Bursts in Blazblue?
Mechanics breakdown: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_gdw0LmDCk. Much more informative; much less entertaining.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Oct 1, 2013, 2:26:48 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Blueclaw wrote:
Mechanics breakdown: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_gdw0LmDCk. Much more informative; much less entertaining.

Ok, I feel like I understand what was going on in the fight a bit more now. Strange, at first I wasn't excited at all about KI3, now I'm pretty interested in it. I thought at first they would just exploit the licence and try and get as much money as they could out of it before it died, but it seems that it's going to be pretty good. Shame I won't be getting an xbone though. Guess I'll just stick to waiting eagerly for Chronophantasma.
This is legitimately the only reason I want an Xbox One. It's not enough, however.

I'll just keep myself occupied with some Soul Calibur 2 HD Online when that's out. =p
same name in-game
"
edit: this, from the Wiki:
"The game will feature six characters at launch, with two additional characters to be added over the four months following the game's launch."

...really. Is KI an ARPG now?
I interpret this post as Charan "accidentally" slipping exclusive insider moneybags information on two additional classes in the works for Path of Exile.

I don't currently own a console. I previously had no strong opinions on consoles or console makers. I will probably get an XB1.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Oct 1, 2013, 3:20:12 AM
The 2 have too much life => kills the fun
http://wideo.co/view/449781379368063514-inexs-journey-for-the-8-stars (Music: Odd Look)
I am the guy behind price check forums yay: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/387787 (i think.)
"Seriously, its a loot game, make the loot DROP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers"_TugBot_
"
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
edit: this, from the Wiki:
"The game will feature six characters at launch, with two additional characters to be added over the four months following the game's launch."

...really. Is KI an ARPG now?
I interpret this post as Charan "accidentally" slipping exclusive insider moneybags information on two additional classes in the works for Path of Exile.

I don't currently own a console. I previously had no strong opinions on consoles or console makers. I will probably get an XB1.

Naw, that's just the pattern. Handful of classes, then charge cashmonies for 1-2 extra every year or so.

They're calling them 'seasons' here but it still looks like an uber cash grab to me. No fighter in history has released with six characters and done well at all. Street Fighter 1 had Ryu and Ken but that was NOT a successful fighter.

Heck, by now the average number of selectable fighters at release must be somewhere around 20, with games like MvC3 and TTT2 really spiking things.

Any less than 12 at release and I think someone's being lazy or greedy.

Skullgirls had 8 at release, and that did well. It didn't feel lazy at all, and the extra character they did release was free.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info