What is Damage Effectiveness

Can somebody explain what is damage Effectiveness and how it's work?

Or give a link to thread about its mechanics...

I can't find it on forum.

GGG plz help. Thanks in advance.
"Отрастил скилл - имеешь право ногибать" СерБ
Last bumped on Jul 2, 2016, 3:49:04 PM
Damage Effectiveness applies to all damage this skill does. If the skill you will be using has 50% DE and you attach an added lightning support gem, this will also do 50% of the damage.
The same happens if you have +1-120 lightning damage (on your boots for example).

I'm not sure how Hatred aura would work. If it is based on your physical damage halfed, and then cold damage is again cut by 50% or only 1 cut is applied. I don't think it is cut 2 times, but this is just a guess as path of exile mechanics is often friendly to players ;-)
http://www.roadatlas.eu
Last edited by prawda on Oct 9, 2012, 1:16:51 PM
Ok. Thank you.

So how can i change or some affect on its rate?
"Отрастил скилл - имеешь право ногибать" СерБ
You can't do anything to it. You will find values below 100% for attacks that hit multiple targets. Above 100% for single target attacks. So this is mainly for balancing.

I can't remember any exception. The quillrain bow has 50% less damage as mod on it, which means the same as damage effectiveness 50%. The only exceptions there are poison arrows cloud and the explosions caused by explosive arrow.
"
prawda wrote:
You can't do anything to it. You will find values below 100% for attacks that hit multiple targets. Above 100% for single target attacks. So this is mainly for balancing.

I can't remember any exception. The quillrain bow has 50% less damage as mod on it, which means the same as damage effectiveness 50%. The only exceptions there are poison arrows cloud and the explosions caused by explosive arrow.

I think the explosions caused by explosion arrow have now been changed to be affected by quill rain as well
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
"
Explosive Arrow explosion damage is now classified as projectile damage and is hence scaled down by Lesser and Greater Multiple Projectiles support gems.

Doesn't say that quillrain also weakens the explosions. I would have expected this because it was the major exploit with EA. But I guess quillrain will as well lower the damage if LMP and GMP does.
Does this effect normal attack damage or just damage modifiers? For example cyclone has 40% damage effectiveness but my current level has 20% increased phys damage. Am I doing 120% physical attack damage per hit or 40 + 40*0.2?
"
Invalesco wrote:
"
prawda wrote:

I think the explosions caused by explosion arrow have now been changed to be affected by quill rain as well

They do not.

Quill Rain has "50% less Weapon Damage", which affects many things but does not affect the explosion of explosive arrow.

The one thing that was changed is that the explosion of explosive arrow is affected by Projectile Damage, which used to not be true. As a result, using LMP or GMP with EA now actually affects the explosion damage, when previously it was effectively an overpowered shotgun effect.

"
Does this effect normal attack damage or just damage modifiers? For example cyclone has 40% damage effectiveness but my current level has 20% increased phys damage. Am I doing 120% physical attack damage per hit or 40 + 40*0.2?

Damage effectiveness only applies to the skill, and skills don't affect other skills or your default attack.

Secondly, damage effectiveness is a multiplier, whereas your "increased physical damage" stacks additively with all other appropriate "increased damage" sources (such as melee physical damage, weapon damage, etc).
Was making sure I understood the full mechanic ! thks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info