Los Angeles Fan Meetup Results

The fans sent me a variety of photos at the meetup, taken at different times. Here's a group shot and a bar shot. It was a small turnout (25 people indicated they'd like to come, but only 6 made it), which we blame on the aforementioned LA traffic.

Among the secrets whispered in people's ears were confirmation that Avatar of Fire is making a return in 1.0.0 and something about a new keystone currently called "Mana Shield". It's more complex than you might expect.

We're also holding a meetup on Saturday in San Francisco. Email me at chris@grindinggear.com if you'd like to be sent more information once the time/place are determined. We'll probably be allowed to talk about more interesting stuff at that one :)

Edit: I'm the guy in the grey PoE shirt. Erik's in the pink one. We were looking directly into the sun in the group picture :P
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Sep 30, 2013, 12:51:08 AM
I can't wait for the spoilers.

Mana Shield build inc.
IGN: Aux
Last edited by Aux on Sep 30, 2013, 12:55:42 AM
Looks like somebody broke out the dress shoes....quite the occasion!

Awesome.

good stuff
Last edited by cavespro on Sep 30, 2013, 1:01:53 AM
pink ftw :D !
Saving the world, one mob at a time.
Bummed I missed this! I didn't even know about it.
Nice to see you guys always happy to meet the fans/players/addicts ;)

I wish you the best for that meet up with the journalists and the sexy 1.0.0 build.

Cheers from the Indian Ocean ;)
IGN: Bourrinopathe | UTC +4
Mana Shield
Jars of whisky? :D

For those wondering what Avatar of fire used to be, here is an excerpt from Closed beta post:

"
Vipermagi wrote:
It converted 100% Physical to Fire damage. You couldn't increase your Cold resistance.

What it meant was that all your Physical Attack damage was now also increased by Increased Fire Damage and Weapon Elemental Damage passives, and then by the multiplicative WED support gem (which, as Faerwin mentions, is probably just overpowered). On top of that, you'd get a massively powerful Crit Burn.
Who Are We? Where do we come from?
Last edited by Cudez on Sep 30, 2013, 1:20:49 AM
Wait there was only 6 people there?!? RRRAAGGEEE it would have been way cooler if I could have made it I live in San Diego!! fark.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info