All classes the same?

Hello, i might have gotten this wrong but.Is the only thing that divides the classes the starting stats? since everyone can use every skill, if they spec that way that is.

Or is armor and so on class locked?
Each class starts and gains a different amount of attributes (STR, INT, DEX) on creation and level up.

Gear is restricted by attributes.

In the future each class will start at different locations in the passive skill tree.
Oooh i see, thanks for the clarification.
Unavailable
Unavailable

Like Bernhardt said, gear is restricted by attributes, but so are spells.

As gems level up, their requirements go up, so that a ranger, specialized in dexterity, will have a hard time using Freezing Pulse (pictured at the top of my post) effectively, as she won't have the required intelligence to level it up.

All classes can get all passives from the tree, but you get less stats if you don't go the "right" path for your class.

i.e. A ranger gets 8 dexterity, 2 strength and 2 intelligence for every point spent in the dexterity passives. But, she'll only get 4 intelligence, 2 dexterity and 2 strength if she spends her points in the intelligence path. This encourages players to stick to what their class is specialized in, although they can still branch off a bit if they feel it's worth it.
Fourier - Level 41 Templar (Hardcore League)
FourierII - Level 55 Duelist (Hardcore League)
HC Ladder Rank: 7
Last edited by Fourier on Aug 28, 2011, 1:37:57 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
The classes do not gain different amount of stats. The stats you gain is based on the passive skills you choose.

What differentiate classes is:

* The starting stats.
* Each class have a bonus on his respective armor type:
STR > Armor
DEX > Evasion
INT > Energy Shield
* Each class have better chances to drop equipaments with slots of it's respective stat type.
* In the future each class will have one or more automatic bonuses. For exemple, the Witch will have faster caster rate naturaly.
* In the future each class will start in an different place in the passive skill grid.
"
italofoca wrote:
The classes do not gain different amount of stats. The stats you gain is based on the passive skills you choose.

Yes, but the game encourages you to get passives that match your class.

For instance, a ranger will get a lot more dexterity (double, in fact) than a witch for spending points in the dex passives.

Likewise for the witch, she gets twice as much intelligence for each point spent in the intelligence passives.

This is a soft way to force classes into their respective play-styles, but you can still *try* a shock nova ranger, if you feel like it. The thing is, you'll never beat a pure witch at it.
Fourier - Level 41 Templar (Hardcore League)
FourierII - Level 55 Duelist (Hardcore League)
HC Ladder Rank: 7
Marauder(str-red) 8 2 2 on red 2 4 2 on green and 2 2 4 on blue
Ranger(dex-green) 4 2 2 on red 2 8 2 on green and 2 2 4 on blue
Witch(int-blue) 4 2 2 on red 2 4 2 on green and 2 2 8 on blue
Duelist(str/dex) 6 2 2 on red 2 6 2 on green and 2 2 4 on blue
Templar(str/int) 6 2 2 on red 2 4 2 on green and 2 2 6 on blue
ClassXX(dex/int) 4 2 2 on red 2 6 2 on green and 2 2 6 on blue

so all add up with 16 on the 3 highest bonis combined
cya Deathtiny
level fast, die young and leave a nice looking corpse!
Tinyshideouts: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3260135
I think i almost died when i saw a big map of the passiv skills in this game. WOWWWWWW!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info