Best build to start after reset? What's your choice?

I was trying to find the perfect build that I will start after the wipe out.
A build that's gear independent, that's easy to farm items for other builds that bring more joy or that are just faster in killing.

I am pretty happy with Summoner - with no items I can run maps pretty Ok.
Although I enjoyed Marauder on Grand Slam alot more so I will probably start with it.

What's your choice?
I am thinking of rolling a Nova + Glacial or Infernal Templar. Grab the basic aoe and spell stuff at the templar start. Grab life nodes and catalyze. Should be able to run with magic find gear for first 3 difficulties. By the time I hit merciless I can have the passives towards CI and hopefully switch into a Cleave/Dual strike ele build. I will have 12 passive refund points from quests, which will be enough.
gonna stick with my dagger shadow
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
Sparkmage all the way.
I'll try something crazy :P A totem+trap+curse templar ;) mMaybe he'll fail terribly, but i'll try it anyway, because fire trap was surprisingy strong on my old templar :P
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
Last edited by Sony_Black on Oct 7, 2012, 5:57:16 PM
Might try this Rain of Arrows ranger I've been thinking of. It seems powerful enough and I like that it's instantaneous unlike Firestorm and also has increased AoE as a leveling stat. Would need a lot of attack speed though so the delay isn't problematic or just lay down a Temporal chains totem.
"
Sony_Black wrote:
I'll try something crazy :P A totem+trap+curse templar ;) mMaybe he'll fail terribly, but i'll try it anyway, because fire trap was surprisingy strong on my old templar :P

Heh, as long as you don't spend your points poorly you're going to do better then you expect.

I'm going to be playing with a friend after this reset so my build is pretty support heavy. Click
Last edited by grogor on Oct 7, 2012, 6:39:37 PM
I will try to build a fire battle-mage templar.

"
grogor wrote:
"
Sony_Black wrote:

Heh, as long as you don't spend your points poorly you're going to do better then you expect.

I'm going to be playing with a friend after this reset so my build is pretty support heavy. Click

why you focus on auras and take no additional mana?
Last edited by kadrek91 on Oct 7, 2012, 7:01:47 PM
Whatever it is, it will use Elemental Equilibrium.

I miss that keystone.
i will run 6 chars simultanously because god knows the best equipment drops for chars you dont have
some of my IGNs:

EKDDtemplar/DualTotemSparkfotm/jesusbestjewever/EverhardDick/SilSol/SilSol_eight/SilSol_seven/
SilSol_ten/FiretemplarwithAA/JesusFacebreaker/SilSol_three/SilSol_two/grumpycatbestgodever

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info