Will SSD fix my framerate issues? PLZ help

A SSD will definitely improve your gaming performance. It would be hard to pinpoint this kind of fps drop down to your hard drive but I would recommend using a SSD. If anything it will improve load times in general and will benefit you outside of Path of Exile as well.

Out of interest, what graphics card are you currently running?
Having any trouble? Feel free to email support@grindinggear.com
"
KarraKurri wrote:

Also my load times are long (especially initial boot screen) so maybe its HDD/preloading issue after all...

PS. I just do quick run in Wastern Forest - most of the time perfect stable 32 fps but... FIRST exploding mob effect - 1 second freeze (game just STOPS), next ones (no matter how much at once) - perfectly stable and fuild.
Alira - first corpse explosion - game stips for 1 sec, next ones are fluid.

When skills/effects are loaded for the first time, it is loaded from your HDD.
Once it has been used, further uses of that skill/effect will be loaded from your RAM.
To speed up the initial loading when you first see something, a SSD will offer performance benefits.

The loading of the game when you first start it up, as well as loading zones while playing will also greatly benefit from a SSD.

If you have a decent amount of RAM, you can run a RAM disk, which offers even more performance benefits than a SSD:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/108231

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info