Migration ?

Hi,

I just started a new char and with my main I'm about to finish mercilless diff soon. But i heard in the global chat that there will be a migration. As a newbie i dont know what it means and how it will affect my gameplay, but some said its not worth playing and wasting time now because the character will be lost. I just want to ask what is the truth behind this because i dont want to spend X hour if my character will be wiped or deleted or whatever and everything will be lost.

Cheers.
It means your character will be put closer to the trashcan, that doesnt mean its completely wasted.

You wont loose items but currently there aren´t many people considering "playing in Legacy", the limited nature of beeing closed beta also means most players dont have a problem with starting a new character anyway.
Ask your close-friends if they want to stay in Legacy if you dont want to loose your stuff, you all could keep playing there.

Every character will lose its progress when open beta comes anyway.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
Last edited by Lachdanan on Oct 7, 2012, 4:16:19 AM
I have a feeling Legacy is going to be quite populated this time. People want to test their higher level, well-geared chars in PvP, at the very least.

Given the proximity of Open Beta, at which point there will be the last true wipe, I think there'll be slightly less motivation for less test-devoted beta players to delete and start over.

We shall see. I for one will be keeping my highest level character in Legacy.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Will the legacy characters have also completely wiped their skill tree, or not this time ?

Since i dont have friends here ( because they dont like the graphics in poe, they rather stick with trash d3 which i dont understand ) i think i will wait and play after the migration because i want to play where the most ppl are playing. Much easier to buy stuff and barter.

Until then i will stick with my ps3 games for a few days.
Anyway.... when this migration will happen ?
"
Until then i will stick with my ps3 games for a few days.
Anyway.... when this migration will happen ?
It's expected to happen on Tuesday, NZ time. So if you're in North America, it'll probably be Monday evening.
Thank you for the information,but I'm from middle Europe.
New Zealand time is eleven hours ahead of you then, so perhaps very late on the Monday or in the wee hours of Tuesday morning.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info