so much fun, we're doing it a third time... (free key)

ok, this time it's fill-in-the-blank.

'Given the Platonic, Neopythagorean and Gnoctic influences of the Diablo canon, it is clear that the demiurge of the Diablo province is the ____________'

To answer this one, you will need to know a little bit about the Diablo video game franchise, and ancient philosophy, and also have a decent grasp of the English language.

Hints will be given in a day or so, but you shouldn't need that much time.
I know the answer, but I already have a key... so good luck all!!!

And thanks for getting my hopes up OP I just had a giveaway thread but I told myself I wouldn't start playing until I gave mine away to the first poster lol

EDIT: Sorry for getting your hopes up as well.. haha but payback is a bee eye tee see H.
Last edited by Bloodlust666 on Oct 7, 2012, 1:01:31 AM
Archangel Inarius?
"
heavypieces wrote:
Archangel Inarius?

nope, think more inanimate...
Archbishop Lazarus?
Big red hairy chookalooka.
Tathamet
Last edited by Noctisc14 on Oct 7, 2012, 1:41:39 AM
Anu?
Big red hairy chookalooka.
the Worldstone?
"
kazeanz wrote:
the Worldstone?

congratulations

The "Demiurge" is the architect of a pantheistic paradigm.

I'll PM you the key

Hmm... the concept of the 'demiurge' in Platonic philosophy, if I understand it correctly, is of some sort of architect - an intermediary between the realm of the spirit (pure Platonic ideas) and the material world.

The Gnostics took a much dimmer view of the demiurge, suggesting that it might be evil.

In either case, it's hard to reconcile that idea with an 'inanimate' being... unless the demiurge had itself died (as some Gnostic cults thought).

Perhaps the question plays on the word 'province' somehow. By 'province' I took it to mean 'Santuary', the world of the Diablo series. But perhaps what is meant is literally 'Daiblo's province' - in other words, Hell. But who created hell? Well, the devil - only I thought he was animate.

Oh well, this one's got me stumped. Good luck all!

EDIT: Oh, after writing all that... I see the correct answer above.
Last edited by heavypieces on Oct 7, 2012, 2:00:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info