Daily Driving Stories...

Everyday at work my friends an I swap driving stories at lunch. It's pretty rare when one of us hasn't seen something lame going down on the streets of Las Vega$ ... This is my daily gem, ready for tomorrow.

Las Vegas / south bound 15 / off at Silverado (South Point)

I pull off the freeway and come to a stop at a double right turn lane. I am second car in the left lane. In the right lane is one car. A mini truck races up in the right lane and seems in a hurry. He squeezes between the right car and the concrete barrier on the right side (ie. 3 cars in two lanes). The driver on the right turns to look at the guy and he eases forward at an angle to cut off the mini truck once the light turns green.

The light turns green and the car on the right guns it forward (angled) to cut off the mini truck. The truck blasts his horn. The guy in front of me goes and I follow. We both swing right and immediately prepare to turn left at the next light, shortly ahead. The guy who had cut off the mini truck is now playing cat and mouse brake slam! He then guns it with the mini close on his tail. They have aprox. 200-300 ft. to the next light (which is red).

Light #2...

Me and the guy in front are now poised to turn left at light #2. The original car that was on our right is sitting ready to go straight thru the intersection. Between us is a painted island. Care to guess where the mini truck is? The mini is sitting in the island and who knows what the F he's getting ready to do. Well, as we are all waiting for the green the mini makes his move.

I guess this bozo decides he owns the road because he guns it into the intersection - ON THE RED! ... and hangs a LEFT U-TURN. after the smoke cleared from all the brake checks. No one got hit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info