My online based loot-generator - Try it out! Suggestions?

So yesterday I started to code my own little loot-system, because I was so frustrated about the drops we are currently getting in Path of Exile. At the moment, it's pretty similar to what you see in this game. You can find white, magic, rare, unique and consumable items (currencies). Now comes the fun part: You can play around with values like player-count, mobtype, a wealth-mod, item rarity and item quantity. At the moment there are 2 unique items.

Testing and programming this system was more satisfying than any Path of Exile drop I had so far. Maybe you want to give it a shot?

This is how a random generated drop looks like
Changelog
Version 1.1 (288 lines of code)
- Added tooltips
- Implicit mods implemented
--- # to maximum armour
--- 20-30 to all resistances
- Explicit mods implemented
--- # to maximum life
- Added brackets to explicit mods
- Added Itemlevel (= Monsterlevel)
- Different dropchances on consumable items

Version 1.0 (213 lines of code)
- Release

If you have suggestions to make the system better, please post them here! If you want to contribute names for items, item types or something else, go ahead! It's so much fun to improve the system, and I want to make it as good as I can. Maybe I'll use it for a game?

»»» Try it here!

If you want to know how it works, I can try to explain it. English is not my native language :)
Last edited by klayveR on Sep 26, 2013, 6:25:55 PM
nice
"You can't bash someone else's shitty taste in music when you listen to 'grindcore'" -TheWretch̢
Thanks!

I just uploaded the new version. I added a tooltip if you hover over an item, which shows the implicit and explicit rolls. I just added all res (Pearl Ring) and armour (everything else) as implicit mods and a life explicit-mod. Also, you can now change the monsterlevel to change the itemlevel (Different explicit-mod brackets). Have fun :)
Last edited by klayveR on Sep 26, 2013, 6:24:56 PM
So I set some REALLY high numbers, and it kept generating lol.

"You can't bash someone else's shitty taste in music when you listen to 'grindcore'" -TheWretch̢
Spoiler

Do I win? ;)
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

"
Fire_Kid wrote:
So I set some REALLY high numbers, and it kept generating lol.

Could take a while to finish generating if the numbers are high enough :p

"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
Spoiler

Do I win? ;)

Yes. Maybe I should cap Quantity/Rarity :)
"

I guess you didn´t implement the dimishing returns after ~60IIQ and ~250IIR yet ?
Hardcaps are stupid.

Bug: The Legend speaks of Legendary items while they are Uniques. :P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
"
Lachdanan wrote:
"

I guess you didn´t implement the dimishing returns after ~60IIQ and ~250IIR yet ?
Hardcaps are stupid.

Bug: The Legend speaks of Legendary items while they are Uniques. :P

Changed to uniques :)

Nah, didn't implement something like this. Are these mechanics a usual thing?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info