The Shadow Cast: Zeus 2.0 Part 1 & 2

"Bullshit, you get the game for free." - Qarl 2014
"The 5x Diamond Supporter"
Last edited by XvXReaperXvX on Oct 9, 2012, 2:57:18 AM
Nice armour & DR you've got there. And you don't even use grace - why? Not worth to reserve HP for 1-2% of DR?
Using wrath could pimp your damage a little bit too, because you got linked WED gem to your skills.

About the video - I didn't like how you explained your passive skills choices. Mainly because it sounded like you were talking only to people that have no idea about 'skilldrasil'. Except of that it was a good video.
"
batonik22 wrote:
Nice armour & DR you've got there. And you don't even use grace - why? Not worth to reserve HP for 1-2% of DR?
Using wrath could pimp your damage a little bit too, because you got linked WED gem to your skills.

About the video - I didn't like how you explained your passive skills choices. Mainly because it sounded like you were talking only to people that have no idea about 'skilldrasil'. Except of that it was a good video.

Well allot of my viewers are part of the beta community that dont have keys and have not played the game.

That being said i should add a annotation to allow you to skip the passive tree
You should

- link your build
- explain what rewards you chose with the bandit quests

I was a little bit disappointed seeing no gameplay at all;
I do understand it will come in part 2, but in _my_ opinion
linking your build and explaining what skills you use would be superior to this 30min video; then you could show your gear real fast, and do some action

Other than that, I must admit you have some sick gear, but I think your health is very low for a tank build.
"
dzordzo wrote:
You should
Other than that, I must admit you have some sick gear, but I think your health is very low for a tank build.

Actually he doesn't need that much HP, he has almost 70% damage reduction and 5 endurance charges = almost 95%DR for phy dmg. For now only chaos damage is a threat to him as there are no elemental resistances penalties yet. I would like to see he's build after GGG implement those.

Make a video after new patch with -resistances vs phy dmg mobs and in a pyramid vs chaos/ele dmg mobs - it won't be that easy as it is now :)
While it is true he has a lot of DR, armour does not work that way.

He has 18888 AR and 0.69 (69%) DR displayed on the character screen, which means he has 0.69 DR for hits which deal 707 phys dmg

If you double the damage taken, he has 0.52 DR for hits which deal 1414 phys dmg

If you add the 0.25 flat DR from 5 charges, that adds up to 0.77, but I am sure higher level mobs hit for more than 1414 phys dmg

Btw DR is capped at 90%

Armour in its current form is probably the weakest defensive option out there, stacking life% and +max life is superior, ES+CI is superior, even EV+lots of life is superior

just for fun:
If you want to have maxed DR for a hit of 3K phys damage ( 0.65 from gear, + 0.25 from charges, you would need 67K Armour on your gear :D )

The mechanics thread does a great job at explaining how DR/Armour work.

edit: fixed an error in the last part of the post
Last edited by dzordzo on Oct 7, 2012, 10:44:03 AM
"
dzordzo wrote:

He has 18888 AR and 0.69 (69%) DR displayed on the character screen, which means he has 0.69 DR for hits which deal 707 phys dmg

If you double the damage taken, he has 0.52 DR for hits which deal 1414 phys dmg

If you add the 0.25 flat DR from 5 charges, that adds up to 0.77, but I am sure higher level mobs hit for more than 1414 phys dmg

Btw DR is capped at 90%

Armour in its current form is probably the weakest defensive option out there, stacking life% and +max life is superior, ES+CI is superior, even EV+lots of life is superior

just for fun:
If you want to have maxed DR for a hit of 3K phys damage ( 0.75 from gear, + 0.25 from charges, you would need 108K Armour on your gear :D )

Just a fyi..

I have 90% DR
75% on each resist and 226 like regen with all charges and skills running.

"
dzordzo wrote:

Btw DR is capped at 90%

just for fun:
If you want to have maxed DR for a hit of 3K phys damage ( 0.75 from gear, + 0.25 from charges, you would need 108K Armour on your gear :D )

I've been trying to figure out why armor seems to not do much against hard hits. Ya, armor isn't that great I guess.

As for the video, 30 mins for passive and skills is way too much man. Zoom out on the tree and explain the major nodes rather than saying "+10 strength" a bunch of times. Or at least preface the video saying it's designed for new player. I wanted to see the actual gameplay, haven't seen many mara's with LS.

Personally I think you went a little nuts on armor/DR and should go more life on your next attempt (unless you are just gonna play this guy in legacy). I also hope that this is in HC as having this heavy of a tank seems like overkill in default.

I liked your other two videos, I think it would be good if you kept in that style. Go through the build/skills quickly (put that info in the post) and show the character in action.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
Allot of people not liking this vid cause i explain everything. Its Stats not game-play. I plan to add annotations to section the video for you guys. I may also change the title from (Stats) to (Stats Only) to save confusion.

Ill be doing game play in part 2.

Also i dont need life if i dont take much dmg. no point in wasting points to get a lil extra hp when i could just use it on more important stats like shield block chance.

build link ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info