Replacing my Keyboard

So, over the last 2 years i've been rather fond of my razer lycosa keyboard for 2 reasons:
- audio, microphone and a Usb input at keyboard level
- backlighting
but alas, it is now old, battered and worn out by time and accidential cola spills, which includes the nb buttons not working.
Which means im looking for a replacement, but lycosa keyboards are expensive as all high hell, so i was wondering if some of ye chaps can think of any alternatives?
My only requirements are the ones i stated above, and that it has to be a membrane/mechanical keyboard.
not a razer fanboy, so the brand is irrelevant.
They're a bit pricey, but it's the last keyboard you'll ever have to buy. I've had mine for about 3 years now and still good as new.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Happy_Hacking_Keyboard
Gigabyte Aivia is the one I'm currently using. Comes with a rubber cover for you keys to keep crumbs and crap out of it. Pretty good mechanical keyboard and isn't loud at all like others. Orange backlit keys.
Last edited by Funkhauzer on Sep 25, 2013, 2:47:07 PM
Funk, that actually looks like a pretty good one... i might consider that one... Does it have audio/mic input? Of the few sites i looked at they didnt write anything about that.
"
Beejaholic wrote:
Funk, that actually looks like a pretty good one... i might consider that one... Does it have audio/mic input? Of the few sites i looked at they didnt write anything about that.

Nah no audio, just 2 USB connections. I really like the keyboard, only problem is the touch activated volume controls don't work very well. It's very well built too, I'm expecting it to last many years.
Guess i'll have to reach down to the back of my pc to swap from speakers to headset, but beats paying 300-400 Dkk more :) Good thing i rarely use the volume controls of my old lycosa, if it doesnt work too well

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info