Season Four, Event 111: 5 Hour Cutthroat Party

QQ overload in hurr.
ॐ "Metal Gear!?!?!?" ॐ
Onslaught: FixinToDie + Awnslot
i come back stronger than before! rank1 witch after 1h of playing
"
SeabeeO wrote:
Talk about stupid race. "Look how awesome I am... I can go around killing folks 1/5 my level. Aren't I awesome. It only take me 2 hit."

Lame. Very very lame event. I had reservation about this race and they proved right.

Sorry I wasted my time playing this. <sarcasm>Fun like this will make want to play this more</sarcasm>

To be fair, you get 2 shot if you ARE the levels of the player in question, especially if you're playing a class like Witch. Level differences don't make much of a difference when you can get leap slammed-> hammered to death instantly due to the massive PvP damage amp.
Read my book! The world ending in every way anyone ever thought it might end, all at once. First few chapters are available online for free.
http://www.amazon.com/The-End-World-Know-ebook/dp/B00CZ21JAQ
I like CT races, it's more interesting than the usual.
How to make a build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/510084
Current guides: N/A
For all you people whining about how you die at a low level. IT'S A CUT THROAT! - It's not supposed to be fair.
"
metagross wrote:
For all you people whining about how you die at a low level. IT'S A CUT THROAT! - It's not supposed to be fair.

you are retarded everything in a game has to have some level of fairness and balance. without at least some level of fairness there would be little to no participation. notice there were only 700 participants in this race thats the lowest number of participants i've ever seen in a race. the shit isn't balanced to keep lvl 20's from messing with lvl 10's and below and you know it. quit trying to act like nothings wrong just because you happen to be one of the people who can level really fast and come back and do the killing.
It's fair. It's also entirely possible to hit level 12 in the last one hour of the race...then come back and do some PKing. =D
How to make a build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/510084
Current guides: N/A
I respectfully disagree that:

"
Kirielis wrote:
It's also entirely possible to hit level 12 in the last one hour of the race...

The numbers don't support it that is entirely possible. Rather the numbers support that it is extremely unlikely. While you may be able to
"
Kirielis wrote:
hit level 12 in the last one hour of the race,
not once but twice, 598 of the 700 entries (or about six in seven -- compared to the normal which is roughly 50% of entries that's pretty sad showing for a "race") didn't even get to level 12. Of the 598, only 116 (included the 12 who didn't even crawl out of the water) were still alive a that end. I'm going to go out on limb here say that the majority of 482 dead entries under level 12 weren't killed by the AI but folks just out there hunting lower levels because it makes them feel like the game is fun and
"
Kirielis wrote:
more interesting than the usual.

My goal, and sole reason for entering the race, was to hit level 12 for the point. I don't like PvP but forced into this event because I only have certain windows of time to play. But after couple of tries being fragged by high levels camped out or just going after lower levels because they can doesn't make it right or make it fun or make it sport. It makes it lame. If that's what folks need to do feel powerful and great or find that easy killing is fun, then it is a sad commentary on them. Nor does me speaking out about the practice camping out or seeking out lower levels a "whine". I get that it is cutthroat. But if the point of races is to earn points then this was an entirely pointless race; literally and figuratively.

Whether viewed as a whine or not, my complaint remains valid. If it is fun and
"
Kirielis wrote:
more interesting than the usual
for folks to go around camped out just killing noobs then event needs to be run not for points but because it is fun and
"
Kirielis wrote:
more interesting than the usual
for those who like to camp out just killing noobs. Or, if run for points, tweaked so it is possible for the norm of 50% to reach the minimum level of points.

But, alas, perhaps I misunderstand the point of the races. Perhaps the point of races are not to potentially earn points but to make the game
"
Kirielis wrote:
more interesting than the usual.
If true, never mind PoE devs--carry on.
I was actually interested in joining the event, but knew I would be destroyed sooner or later by someone higher level, assuming I could survive low level pvp to make it that far. Hopefully the upcoming balance changes in 1.0 will help. But even that will only go so far if you're being killed by someone 5, 10, 20 levels higher than you (at low levels especially, even a 5 level difference can be ridiculous).

So, my suggestion is, for longer cut-throat leagues at least, there should be a max level cap for instances based on the level of the person who created the instance, with low level characters having a smaller level difference from max, and expanding as character level goes up. No idea how hard/possible this is to implement, but seems the fairest thing to me. And certainly beats trying to equalize/balance things when the power difference (based on level difference) between players is so large.
"
Tcheeks38 wrote:
"
metagross wrote:

you are retarded everything in a game has to have some level of fairness and balance. without at least some level of fairness there would be little to no participation. notice there were only 700 participants in this race thats the lowest number of participants i've ever seen in a race. the shit isn't balanced to keep lvl 20's from messing with lvl 10's and below and you know it. quit trying to act like nothings wrong just because you happen to be one of the people who can level really fast and come back and do the killing.

Sir, I died 30 minutes in to some increased crit merv daughter.. I then re-made and was pked over and over until it was 2 hours into the race. I re-made once more and eventually made it to level 17 and joined my friends (who re-made more, or as much as I did) and we killed Helmannn. There was nothing fair about the higher levels killing me after i was forced to re-make, and there was nothing fair about killing Helmannn 3v1. If you're looking for "fair" do NOT do a cut throat! This is for the people who have extremely big and massive balls.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info