Building PC desktop - Can i ran PoE Max with this ?

Well, I ran PoE on alienware Mx14 laptop daily. It wasnt so good, so i will need a desktop PC. But not quite sure, what detail / specification i would need to run PoE on max setting. Here's what i have so far

List of Part

i5-4670K
AsRock Z87M-PRO4
8G Kit 2400 G.Skill Ripjaws-Z
2G GTX 660Ti MSI N660TI-2G

Samsung 840 EVO Series SATA3 250G
SATA DVD RW Samsung
Antec EarthWatts- Platinum 450
Fractal Design Black-Mini
ViewSonic VA2451M 23.6"
OEM 64 bit MS Win7 Home Premium

Would it be good enough to run PoE on max setting / High detail ?

Thanks in advance

P.S. Not sure if this should be in offtopic or here :/
Last edited by Alizae on Sep 23, 2013, 9:19:50 PM
That should be fine.
Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
poe is ridiculously demanding, more so than skyrim at some points.

your system should be able to run it fine.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
I built a system similar to yours, but x2 the RAM.

The SSD is huge. The GTX660 helps too.

I run everything at max w/o a hiccup, even with full parties.

I think you'll be good to go!
BLAMT!
Easily.

Hell, you could probably run Crysis 3 on highest settings.

But why not gtx 760s? I think they should be SLI ready.

Oh, and this is a bit much just for PoE. What otehr games do you play?
"You can't bash someone else's shitty taste in music when you listen to 'grindcore'" -TheWretch̢
PoE often lags because of the particle effects, and most of the time it is the graphic card that bottlenecks. I suggest you look into getting GTX 700 series, I'm running GTX 670, even though most of the time it is fine, with party members with summons and flashy skills, it still lags a bit.
As suggested a GTX 760 is probably a better choice than the GTX 660Ti (Newer generation card at about the same price). A good comparison between the cards can be found at: http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-760-vs-GeForce-GTX-660-Ti

Also I'd up the power supply to a 550 watt.
"
Jalish wrote:
As suggested a GTX 760 is probably a better choice than the GTX 660Ti (Newer generation card at about the same price). A good comparison between the cards can be found at: http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-760-vs-GeForce-GTX-660-Ti

Also I'd up the power supply to a 550 watt.

Hm, ill find out more about this. Thanks for the info. Kinda slightly off from my budget, but i could work it out
Most welcome.

The recommended minimum power supply for the GTX 660Ti is 450 watts and for the GTX 760 it is 500 watts. An under-powered power supply can cause a system to be unstable.

I run with max settings on a GTX 660 (which are a fair bit cheaper than the GTX 660Ti) with very playable frame rates (ranging between 60 FPS and 200FPS). If I was to choose between a 660Ti and a 760 I would go the 760 as the price is pretty much the same if not cheaper.

I notice you have specified the i5-4670K. If you don't plan to overclock the CPU just get the i5-4670. (Will save you a little money.)

As Zelpo mentioned, the 250GB SSD may be more than necessary. If you use the SSD for just Windows 7 and PoE and a few other games and programs a 128GB drive will save you quite a lot of money. Data is best stored on a larger mechanical HDD which are a fair bit cheaper.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info