Most overrated game ever

GTA V

V= 5 for those who don't know roman numerals.

Sure, there are some new features that are nice but overall, it is the same GTA we've been playing for years.
Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Duke Nukem 3.

Never played the GTA games.
"
Moonyu wrote:
Duke Nukem 3.

Never played the GTA games.

Duke Nukem 3 didn't earn anywhere near the 800 million dollars that GTA V made on the first day of sales.
Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
No sense in trying to reinvent the wheel. Super mario and Megaman put out the same game several times over just with new levels and are praised by gamers everywhere as some of the best games ever.

GTA has a formula in place: kill people, steal shit, drive cars, repeat. It's lots of fun, thats what people want from GTA and thats what Rockstar North produces, just with new levels.

Most overrated game ever? You have a knack for exaggeration.
Wasn't about money, it was about most over-rated. I made my case. I win. (I only play by my rules, it's easier that way.)
Diablo 3.

/thread
In Wraeclast, if someone tries to kill you... you just kill them right back.
"
Trapperkeeper wrote:
Diablo 3.

/thread

I knew it wouldn't take long for someone to cry about D3, LOL! I honestly thought it would be the first comment though.
Most of the games in this thread are games that are popular not because of themselves, but because of the Hype generated by the last iteration of that game.

Duke Nukem
Diablo
GTA
Mario

The games that build on their previous success and generate enough interest to make another sequel are the ones that use the same formula, you can see why Duke Nukem and Diablo fell flat, they tried to create a different game under the guise of their good name.

I'll check out GTA-V when it hits PC. Mainly because my brother will get it and hopefully Family Share is in effect by then :D
You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world,
and there’s still going to be somebody who hates peaches.
The most overrated game ever has already been exposed as such somewhere around the time that televisions became commonplace --

Baseball.

"America's Pasttime"

Okay there, baseball.... You had a good run, but television allowed the REAL sports to shine.

If it had been exposed earlier as the terrible game lacking entertainment value, it would not be so overrated today.

But alas, so it is.
The Russell Wilson Era
"
Mikekowa wrote:
The most overrated game ever has already been exposed as such somewhere around the time that televisions became commonplace --

Baseball.

"America's Pasttime"

Okay there, baseball.... You had a good run, but television allowed the REAL sports to shine.

If it had been exposed earlier as the terrible game lacking entertainment value, it would not be so overrated today.

But alas, so it is.

Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it is overrated. I could make the same argument about soccer.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info